California-Southern

Howdy! I'm in Riverside. 15 egg layers on my little farm. I became a FAST expert on keeping chickens cool! Should be easier where you are. Not as hot or cold. I'm having a ball! No eggs yet, but who knew chickens had a personality?! Eggs are $5. /dz now. Feeling pretty smart! Holler if you need anything. Welcome!

Hi - is your avatar a chicken sitting on ice ?!!

Hi, I happen to have both, and I am in Norco! I breed Marans...both blue and black. I have a couple clutches going at the moment, expecting chicks to hatch the 26th and 30th of July. I should have some chicks available from these two hatches. Some are already sold and spoken for, but I should have a few available. Here is one of my black hens and a picture of each of my roosters:

I have a beautiful blue laced red Wyandotte rooster over a gold laced Wyandotte hen. This should give me roughly half blue laced reds and half black laced reds/golds. This is my first time hatching from this hen, so I am hesitant to sell any but if someone is really interested, I will consider parting with a couple. Here is the hen on her nest and my rooster:

Feel free to PM me if you are interested! My name is Amy.

Yes it is sol2go! Several weeks ago the temps suddenly spiked to 108! I was worried! I bought block ice for the chickens and for my horse's water (she's 28). I expected the chickens to drink the cold water as it melted, but didn't expect them to lay on top of the ice! They loved it! Now I freeze the square Crystal Geyser gallon bottles for them if it gets toasty and always put a frozen bottle in their waterer.

Yes it is sol2go! Several weeks ago the temps suddenly spiked to 108! I was worried! I bought block ice for the chickens and for my horse's water (she's 28). I expected the chickens to drink the cold water as it melted, but didn't expect them to lay on top of the ice! They loved it! Now I freeze the square Crystal Geyser gallon bottles for them if it gets toasty and always put a frozen bottle in their waterer.

I really had to look closely to see that! I still can't believe my eyes. Thanks for posting the picture and the information, I'm in no hurry for more high temps, but I want to try the block of ice. =)
Your horse is 28 - wow to that too. Is she a particular breed?

Hi, I happen to have both, and I am in Norco! I breed Marans...both blue and black. I have a couple clutches going at the moment, expecting chicks to hatch the 26th and 30th of July. I should have some chicks available from these two hatches. Some are already sold and spoken for, but I should have a few available. Here is one of my black hens and a picture of each of my roosters:

I have a beautiful blue laced red Wyandotte rooster over a gold laced Wyandotte hen. This should give me roughly half blue laced reds and half black laced reds/golds. This is my first time hatching from this hen, so I am hesitant to sell any but if someone is really interested, I will consider parting with a couple. Here is the hen on her nest and my rooster:

Feel free to PM me if you are interested! My name is Amy.

Hi Amy,
your FBCM hen has nice hackle color. Do you also have pictures of her eggshell colors?
Do you have BLRW breeding pairs (not BLRWxgold laced) ? The mahogany in the BLRW is pretty specific and the gold will wash that out.

She's an old Ouarterhorse mare, I've had her since she was 2. She's in great health, but I worry when it's hot. She likes the cool H20 when I drop a block of ice in. I couldn't believe the silly chickens on the ice!

Good idea bout chilling down the drinking water for the horse.... I use 110 gallon water tub if you feel the surface the water is warm... dip your hand down about three inches and its coool... My mare sips on that layer. She 21 now... livin the life of liesure. Jet black and living in the desert I am surprised at how well shes adapted. Shes one of thos ones that doesnt fade... summers there are around 105-110 at the most.

deb

Good idea bout chilling down the drinking water for the horse.... I use 110 gallon water tub if you feel the surface the water is warm... dip your hand down about three inches and its coool... My mare sips on that layer. She 21 now... livin the life of liesure. Jet black and living in the desert I am surprised at how well shes adapted. Shes one of thos ones that doesnt fade... summers there are around 105-110 at the most.

deb

amazing

Back
Top Bottom