California-Southern

Hello to all the recent SoCal posts, nice to have more people in the area who enjoy raising chickens =)
It's nice to hear about your flocks, please post pics too.
Thank you from Riverside! Enjoy? HA! My spoiled feathered freeloaders have yet to give me one egg!
barnie.gif
They're lawn ornaments that poop, dust bath, eat my garden veggies and watermelon, demand cold water and meal worms.
lau.gif
i'm so kidding! I love my girls. So entertaining. Feather therapy to watch them do chicken things when I let them out in the afternoon. They'll cough up some eggs when they're ready, right? Until then, I'm their servant.

Thank you from Riverside! Enjoy? HA! My spoiled feathered freeloaders have yet to give me one egg!
barnie.gif
They're lawn ornaments that poop, dust bath, eat my garden veggies and watermelon, demand cold water and meal worms.
lau.gif
i'm so kidding! I love my girls. So entertaining. Feather therapy to watch them do chicken things when I let them out in the afternoon. They'll cough up some eggs when they're ready, right? Until then, I'm their servant.

there's no hope for you =)

Graywater workshop on Aug 1. FYI, for anyone interested, especially given the drought.

https://m.facebook.com/events/1616204698639177/1616215708638076/

Full Disclosure: our house/backyard will be the host site for the workshop, but we're not the organizers and not the ones conducting the workshop. Any BYCers planning to come...please help us maintain biosecurity for our beloved feathered pets and wear non-chicken clothes and shoes the day of the workshop. Thanks
So folks were asking, so I'll respond here...

The plan for our graywater system is to install piping from the laundry room, so that water from the washer can drain into the backyard. We are planning to dig a pond (not a traditional fish pond), where the water will collect and slowly be absorbed into the ground for things we plant/grow. We also plan to plant some plants in and around the pond that will serve as natural filters and clean the water.

So folks were asking, so I'll respond here...

The plan for our graywater system is to install piping from the laundry room, so that water from the washer can drain into the backyard. We are planning to dig a pond (not a traditional fish pond), where the water will collect and slowly be absorbed into the ground for things we plant/grow. We also plan to plant some plants in and around the pond that will serve as natural filters and clean the water.

I won't be able to attend, but am interested in your project.
Please post pics or lists of plants if you don't mind sharing?

Back
Top Bottom