California-Southern

I'm so sorry about your chick, evitachu. My sister in law is like you and takes all strays in...bless you!

As for me- I'm new to chicken keeping and am trying to rearrange things in order to make the show in November. Just in case, I am starting my flock and am looking for a good, local, breeder. I am most interested I Lavendar and buff orpingtons, blue splash Marans, blue laces red and columbian Wyandottes... Thank you in advance!
1f60a.png

Walt,

Do you still raise them and offer any for sale?  Maybe I misunderstood your first post about them and I was thinking you "had them" as in the past..

I'm in SoCal, Aguanga (near Temecula) but have a friend that drives up the 5 every week transporting dogs all the way to WA and always is coming back with an empty van full of empty dog crates..so I'm thinking I can take advance of her empty transport van :eek:)

Debbie
PawsnClaws.us
I have one left, but I raised them for many years. They are available, but they are not inexpensive. Check game bird operations.

Walt

Hi Walt,

What are you bringing to the Ventura Poultry show in November?  Any NeNe's or Cotton Patch?  I remember seeing White Runners Ducks, Bantam Black East Indie Ducks, and Egyptian Geese, in addition to the chickens last year.  As I recall you had a Black East Indie drake that won Grand Champion of Show and Champion Waterfowl, in addition to your other wins.

That is a fun show.
Runners, Indies, Calls, Egyptian goose. Ko Shamo's, Cornish and other chickens that will be determined tomorrow when I check the birds. It is a fun show. ..win or lose.

Are you showing the Cream Legbars?

Walt

Runners, Indies, Calls, Egyptian goose. Ko Shamo's, Cornish and other chickens that will be determined tomorrow when I check the birds. It is a fun show. ..win or lose.

Are you showing the Cream Legbars?

Walt

fingers crossed…yes…I've asked a few other breeders, hopefully anyone interested will bring some up there.

Hello BYC of Southern California!
I have a sort of emergency. I have a turkey (blue slate tom, 6 months old) that I have raised as a pet. He is friendly, funny and smarter than I thought turkeys would be and I need to find him a new home.

He has gotten so big he is intimidating my 6 chickens. I am looking for a good home for him. He is so trusting and innocent, I'd feel like I betrayed him if he went to some strange place to be dinner. I think he would make a good breeder and a very entertaining friend.

Is there anyone out there interested in adopting Charlie to be a favorite pet? Please let me know as soon as possible because DH is getting ready to call the butcher. Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom