California-Southern

Quote: Not @artblueggwanter But I have been a Sumatra lover since I started reading about them.

My draw for them is their beauty. But they fit the criteria I need for a free ranging fowl in my neck of the woods.

They are a beautiful black
They are almost as good a flier as Guineas
They are alert and wily.
They are good foragers.
They can handle a hot climate.
They are somewhat Melanistic.

The other benefits I can see is the hens are also excellent broodies. They are fierce protector of their chicks too. They are considered a game fowl. So very active which would be a good choice for raising up Guinea Keets.

Which is my other purpose for having them.

deb

Nice to see his new pics.
What characteristics do you like best about sumatras?

sol, I would have to say their unique beauty, their all around rare features dark face, multiple spurs... I just think they are awesome,they are sure not egg layers! don't have much meat on them and I remember being grade school looking at drawings of them. I wanted them then but didn't have the means,my dad had amerigame fancy in their own way but not like the Sumatra,no one had sumatras. I fulfilled a need and see them with me till the end now. its hard to explain but I hope that answered your question

sol, I would have to say their unique beauty, their all around rare features dark face, multiple spurs... I just think they are awesome,they are sure not egg layers! don't have much meat on them and I remember being grade school looking at drawings of them. I wanted them then but didn't have the means,my dad had amerigame fancy in their own way but not like the Sumatra,no one had sumatras. I fulfilled a need and see them with me till the end now. its hard to explain but I hope that answered your question

thanks for sharing your passion

Back
Top Bottom