California-Southern

We have a rooster box.
1f60a.png
Where did you get it? And how well does it work? My problem is that roosters crow all day long, and I can't keep them in a box 24/7 - that defeats the purpose of having a roo.

Roosters are not allowed at ALL within my city limits. Hens are, if you are zoned for farm animals. There are some exceptions to the zoning rule - for hens.

I have tried the no crow collars, but I can't seem to get the results that I see on all the videos. I was using it on a silkie, so I made a smaller width one - still they were much louder than the hens. And my hens can get pretty loud when they are fighting for a favorite nesting box....

I'm looking to rehome a few polish chicks in the So Cal area. White crested black, buff laced, and white polish available. Purchased as all females vacccinated for Mareks and Coccidiosis.

Asking 2 for $60 or 3 for $75 if anyone is interested. Local pickup only

Where are you located?

After a chicken tragedy and a sucky vet we realize we need chicken doctor recommendations. We are in LA very close to dtla. Please tell me who you take your chickens to within a 20 mile radius of dtla. Thank you!!

Last edited:
After a chicken tragedy and a sucky vet we realize we need chicken doctor recommendations. We are in LA very close to dtla. Please tell me who you take your chickens to within a 20 mile radius of dtla. Thank you!!

Exotic Animal Care in Pasadena http://exoticanimalcarecenter.com/ Dr. Tiffany Margolin Avian Vet
There is another avian vet in Eagle Rock as well but do not know the name :(

Exotic Animal Care in Pasadena http://exoticanimalcarecenter.com/ Dr. Tiffany Margolin Avian Vet

We actually took our roo to her first before heading to the second one (bad experience at 2nd location. Vet made us wait an hour to see our roo that had life threatening raccoon injuries) We were too panicked to get a good opinion of her but it's good to know others like her. Thank you!!

We actually took our roo to her first before heading to the second one (bad experience at 2nd location. Vet made us wait an hour to see our roo that had life threatening raccoon injuries) We were too panicked to get a good opinion of her but it's good to know others like her. Thank you!!

Seems unlikely that she deliberately made you wait, more likley she just had other animals to see as well.

Seems unlikely that she deliberately made you wait, more likley she just had other animals to see as well.

It actually was the second vet that made us wait. Yes he might have had other appointments but it was cruel to make our roo with his leg almost tore off and air sacs punctured to wait. My husband was a vet tech for 15 years. My fil is a vet. They couldn't believe that an emergency situation like ours was made to sit in the waiting room. I appreciate but am confused that you are trying to justify the situation with the vet. I'm dealing with grief over having to put my sweet boy down yesterday and I just don't think this is the time to be contradictory towards me.

Last edited:

This will be a bit out of your way, but I can recommend Dr. Micco & Dr. Jones at Pt. Vicente Animal Hospital in Palos Verdes.

Sorry for your chicken tragedy.

Last edited:
This will be a bit out of your way, but I can recommend Dr. Micco & Dr. Jones at Pt. Vicente Animal Hospital in Palos Verdes.  They are very experienced avian vets (in addition to the usual household pets) and have expanded their practice to include poultry.  They have handled any number of my chicken misadventures including predator attacks such as coyotes (stitches & puncture wounds) and hawks (broken wings & puncture wounds).  Once a young rooster was trying to get away from his coop mates and slit his own throat on a hook (rethought the type of food hangers I was using...) It was really yucky and I took him there to have him euthanized, but Dr. Micco determined he missed all the vital components and stitched him back up...

Sorry for your chicken tragedy.

That is an amazing recommendation and sounds worth the drive. We've become so attached to our babies and losing 2 in 2 weeks (raccoon and our own poodle!!!!) has been devestating. It has become very obvious that we love them and want the best life and best care for them. Omg do you live in PV?? a beachside farm is my dream.

Back
Top Bottom