California-Southern

Thank you!! - I really just typed "chicken" in the search feature.  Then I clicked through the results.  I look for this type of stuff (tax related) for my job, so I cheated a bit.  For me it's because my city is SO ANAL about chickens.  Roosters are banned, and you have to have the correct zoning for chickens.  I have 2 acres, but I"m not zoned for them.  We had a girl in 4-H fought the city to allow 4-H members to have up to 6 chickens - as long as they have at least a 5K foot lot.  I signed my daughter up for 4-H, and now I have 6 chickens (maybe QUITE a few more - but who is counting?).  

I definitely read the Norco zoning laws to have no restrictions on the amount of chickens - there was a separate section for commercial growers.  If you get too many birds and start processing them there, and selling them - you might run into some trouble.  But if you stay under the radar, you're good.  I love your rooster/bantam math!!  Good luck!!

Too funny! Laws are meant to be twisted a bit! At least for our chickens!
1f606.png
We've been trying to join 4H for two months but our area is so unorganized!

Thanks all for the input! I have a check list to help us house hunt!

1f606.png

I just got my spread back in June so am familiar with the area as I was looking in Norco as well....IF you want some info/help in anyway feel free to message me.

1f606.png

An appt visit to the Amber Waves Silkies farm might be worth a trip to get your questions answered by someone who has been raising farm animals for several years and give you a better idea of the area you need to move to -- hours and phone number to make appt are on the following Amber Waves webpage:
https://www.genbook.com/bookings/slot/reservation/30051697?bookingSourceId=1000

Same here. Does anyone belong to 4H group in Orange County? Know of any OC Elementary schools that have a 4H club?

That's exactly where we've been trying for. I actually enrolled my daughter but never got a call back. I have a mom from my daughter's homeschooling program trying to help us (who's been in it for 2+ years) and she's even having a hard time getting someone to connect with me. I'm wondering if they are just maxed and can't take on more. I think I'll just hold off for another year. Let me know if you get ahold of anyone!

Back
Top Bottom