California-Southern

Such a beautiful hen...I can tell how loved she was. What kind of eggs did you order?

Thank you...she really was an AMAZING girl
love.gif
I am hatching Bantam Cochins, along with ducks(barnyard mix) and quails :) Getting all my eggs next week...can't wait!!!
celebrate.gif

Hope you also posted in the Northern California thread. It is very active and closer to you as well.
Thanks for trying to rehome the ducks.
Hi all,

Any California Muscovy lovers? I posted over on the free re-homing page but I'm desperate so trying here as well. I found three muscovy's that I think must have been dumped or disliked their old home as they are very people friendly. I had to catch them because they took up residence at our neighbors pond then eventually found their way to his barn and are getting into his horse feed. He is not an animal lover so he was going to shoot them. They also like to hang out at our house which is across a small, but very busy, street from the pond. They were constantly in the way of cars and have almost got hit a number of times. They just don't move for some reason. I absolutely love them- and wish they could have just stayed at the pond-but with the road and the neighbor its' not possible. I don't have the space to keep them-I barely have room for my two (one of whom is permanently injured) and desperately need to find them a home. There is (I think) one male and two females. Poor things are stuck in a small dog run right now (they do have a crate inside). But it's much too small for the three of them. I can't let them out as I don't know they'd let me catch them again. I'm hoping someone will see this and may be able to help. We're in the santa cruz area of California. Thanks!

Yay! What did you get and where did you get them?

13 - I'm so jealous! LOL

4 buff orpingtons, calimesa
3 ameraucanas, hemet
2 barred rocks, hemet
2 silver laced wyandottes, cherry valley
2 black australorp, calimesa

I didn't know it at the time, but the place in calimesa carried slw, I could've avoided thay trip.

Last edited:
I started hatching again in earlier this year and now I have roosters to re-home. Anyone want a BEAUTIFUL Blue Silverudd Blue rooster - I have 2? Ayam Cemani/EE mix Roo? He looks just like an AC, but I know it has an EE mom. These are all from the New Year's hatch. A year old black Silkie roo - pet quality - he has a red comb? A BEAUTIFUL bearded 4 month old silkie roo (black comb). I'm sure I have a few other silkie roos but they haven't started crowing yet.

The younger birds have been outside for 2 months. Without a heat source for about 5 weeks. So, they are coop ready.

Let me know if anyone wants them..

Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom