California-Southern

@JShubin TY for the compliment. Breda are rare and there are breeding issues to work out. But these guys are sweet docile birds and great egg layers for a lightweight large fowl.

Cuckoo Breda adult

Blue Breda adult

Forgive my ignorance -- Is ESA a type of therapy animal?

Welsh Harlequin are about 4 lbs and supposedly docile and not bad egg layers. Anyone have experience?

ESA is emotional support animal. It gives me the ability to take her places she's usually not allowed to and also I can stay at apartments without paying the pet fee.

Some more pics of our new Blue Breda juveniles - one came shipped with her tail plucked - haha! Such calm curious gentle birds!

Nice

I had two gamefowl stags similar to that color. I had traded some eggs with a guy in Louisiana and incubated them at my house... unfortunately they didn't make it to adulthood. :(

Last edited:
Nice

I had two gamefowl stags similar to that color. I had traded some eggs with a guy in Louisiana and incubated them at my house... unfortunately they didn't make it to adulthood. :(

From what I understand the way genetics was explained by one BYCer, Blue is a difficult color to breed for hardiness -- even in the dog-breeding world they have problems. I lost my Blue Breda hen last year to heat-related complications and rather suddenly so I'm really closely monitoring these new Blue Breda juvies. Stress of shipping took its toll on them so I have them on electrolytes, chick probiotics, and Corid, while waiting on poop sample results from my vet.

Back
Top Bottom