California-Southern

Hi All - anyone in Los Angeles (Glendale area)?
welcome-byc.gif
from Hemet
frow.gif

I lived in Highland Park many years ago.

old.gif

Coop help - Can anyone recommend a store that we can go look at ready made or ready to build coops? Or coop plans? I live LA County. I've tried looking online but no luck.

Thanks in advance!

Last year some one on the thread was making coops for sale but I do not remember who . Did you search on the BYC thread listed under coops etc. Also there was some one in Bakersfield who advertised his coops and he did seems fairly consistent in his business. Another suggestion is to buy a wooden shed and add windows, vents, and roosting ladder. There are tons of places that sell nesting boxes. I pretty sure some one on BYC sells nesting boxes and feeders etc. Some of us like to create our own style even though it is a pain.

Coop help - Can anyone recommend a store that we can go look at ready made or ready to build coops?  Or coop plans?  I live LA County.  I've tried looking online but no luck.

Thanks in advance!

Hi hugapug! I know Hemit Dennis does alittle coop building. BYC has TONS AND TONS of coop ideas. Other than that, it is best to shop around on the BYC site and get an idea of what you would like for your space. Then draw out the idea. There are also people that post on Craigslist that have ready made tractor type coops. Also a good carpenter can help you make your plans 3-D if you arenot handy with the tools..LOL
How many chickens do you plan to have and then make enough room for double that! You have no idea how easily 4 turn into 14 overnight. :D

Back
Top Bottom