CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Yes! I am especially interested in what other breeders in the state are doing! By next spring I will need some extra layers and maybe I'll be ready for another project by then.
smile.png

Quote:
Yes the whole state.

We have lots of areas you can check out in the links, but we need to all get to know eachother.

yeah that way we know who has what and who breeds this and that and get to know each other and be friends and learnand share each other experiences.

Exactly!

Any other people want to add a California area thread? I'd like to have them all on here.

Also, someone mentioned adding all the members to the first post. Does that sound like a good idea to all of you?

OK I searched the first 42 pages of "Where am I? Where are you?" and added thread links to the post post here.

I didn't add threads that had few to no pages or were post for a specific reason or had not been posted on for several months, so if there's something out there anyone wants on this thread, please let me know and give me the title and link to add to the list.

Last edited:
Quote:
You're doing great, don't worry. This is a huge community and finding things is sometimes hard. Especially for people like me.
big_smile.png

Maybe this thread and the links will help us all find the areas we have a certain interest in and also help us all connect at the same time. At least that's my hope.

I do however see that a couple of people who asked me to do this haven't posted, so I hope they chime in soon.

Hello from southern CA - western Riverside county, in fact. I moved here from upstate NY two years ago at the urging of my adult children who had previously settled in the area. I am retired and have a young flock of blue/black/splash orpingtons and young dewlap toulouse geese.

It is nice not to have to deal with snow, but I am having difficulty with the summer heat!

Quote:
Yes it gets warm there! Oh I love the splash orps (though all orps are hard to resist). I've got an order in for some splash orps right now.

Hello from Sacramento County! I just received notice to get rid of my chickens:( Thank you for putting the California threads in one place
big_smile.png

Quote:
You're welcome.

Why do you have to give up your birds?

Yeah Orps. I still need a roo soon. Hopefully I'll get things done for the birds I already have and then I can add more. I can't stop getting roos though. I love them!

Back
Top Bottom