CALIFORNIA The Whole State thread

Is anyone else taking birds to the Los Banos Spring Fair on Friday? My son is entering my bantam Partridge Wyandotte pair; since they're my special pets, I washed them for him. He gets to wash his meat pen! And he's entering one of my Coturnix quail, but I don't think we'll put the stress of washing on that bird.

He's also entered the egg competition. I always let him pick the eggs out, and we don't have a uniform flock. That's fun to sell rainbow cartons, but a little hard on the uniformity. He's selected two of my olive eggers' eggs. They don't exactly match in color, but they're pretty uniform in size and quality to each other. I'm also putting aside a carton from the large Wyandottes, as they match colors better, but are worse on size. If he doesn't get enough green eggs, he can use those.

Next year would be better, as the Blue Andalusian flock will be laying, but I don't think he'll be in 4-H, and this isn't an open show.

Hi Elizabeth!
frow.gif

Last month, 9 days ago to be exact I posted about my mom. I lost her on April 22, 2012. Today is the 2 year mark of losing my dad. I didn't find him till I was 41, but we just picked up from there and he was a great supporter and so much fun. My family doubled in size. I ended up being the oldest of 11 and not 7 and had living grand parents and still have my grandmother. I found out my dad was sick on our way home from my mom's service. Bill was going to get us back to Oklahoma for a visit as soon as my mom's things were done, but we ended up driving back for another funeral instead. When I was 12, my mom finally talked to me about my dad. I used to sneak out a picture from a box she had and look at what I thought was his picture. That day, she pulled out the same picture, but opened the frame and my dad's picture was hidden behind it. So this is the first picture I ever saw of my dad until I was 41. Sure took a long time to find him, but I'm so glad I did. We had a lot in common including wanting land in Arizona to free range horses. That was kind of weird and shocking. So here's a the pic I treasured for decades of my daddy, Larry.

Hi Karen, I actually bought chicks from you last year, right now I have Marans, Silkies, 1 EE, 1 SL Wyandotte, and a freebie Aseel someone gave me. Unfortunately I live in town and have too many chickens already haha.

Back
Top Bottom