California Whites Thread! Pics Please :)!!!

The pullet in the middle and the one on the left are both California White pullets. They are from a hatchery and as you may notice the one in the middle doesn't have very much black on her feathers. She does have a few black spots on her left side which isn't visible in this photo. The one on the left is very pretty and lays a huge white egg! Both Cal Whites and the White Leghorn are skittish and flighty, but they all come when I call them and all of my girls follow me around like puppies :)

The pullet in the middle and the one on the left are both California White pullets. They are from a hatchery and as you may notice the one in the middle doesn't have very much black on her feathers. She does have a few black spots on her left side which isn't visible in this photo. The one on the left is very pretty and lays a huge white egg! Both Cal Whites and the White Leghorn are skittish and flighty, but they all come when I call them and all of my girls follow me around like puppies :)
They're beautiful!
My girls are absolutely brazen! They are a little "fly-y" but not nervous or what I call flighty. They lead the pack, and drove their adoptive broody BA Mamma crazy being so brave!
I am looking so forward to their pretty white eggs. I have 2 CWs and a whole passle of BAs so their white eggs will be easy to spot! They are 17 weeks old, now.
How old were your when you started getting their first eggs?
Thanks for posting the pic!

They're beautiful!
My girls are absolutely brazen! They are a little "fly-y" but not nervous or what I call flighty. They lead the pack, and drove their adoptive broody BA Mamma crazy being so brave!
I am looking so forward to their pretty white eggs. I have 2 CWs and a whole passle of BAs so their white eggs will be easy to spot! They are 17 weeks old, now.
How old were your when you started getting their first eggs?
Thanks for posting the pic!
Thank you :)

I have a BA hen too. She is about 2 years old and has already gone broody for me twice! The second time I had fertile eggs to give her and she was an excellent momma. I definitely like that about her and it makes me want to get a few more BA's.

The California Whites and the White leggern started laying for me at 20 weeks old and they have been keeping us in eggs (along with a red sex-link) since all of my other girls are doing the moulting thing. It seems to be feast or famine with them. When they're laying you have more than enough for you and to give away or sell, and when they take a break you get no eggs at all unless you have youngsters
tongue.png

Thank you :)

I have a BA hen too. She is about 2 years old and has already gone broody for me twice! The second time I had fertile eggs to give her and she was an excellent momma. I definitely like that about her and it makes me want to get a few more BA's.

The California Whites and the White leggern started laying for me at 20 weeks old and they have been keeping us in eggs (along with a red sex-link) since all of my other girls are doing the moulting thing. It seems to be feast or famine with them. When they're laying you have more than enough for you and to give away or sell, and when they take a break you get no eggs at all unless you have youngsters
tongue.png
I'm crazy about my BAs. My next additions will be heritage BAs.
I know what you mean about the feast or famine thing. Currently experiencing famine
sad.png
But a couple weeks from now, the new girls will be getting underway, so a feast is right around the corner!
Thanks again for the pic and the info!

I have two California whites and 3 buff orpingtons. But just getting feathers... so not experienced with their behavior. They are taller than my buff girls but well see.
the California whites are the middle one and the one directly to her left..

Back
Top Bottom