Call Ducks Finally Hatched

Random question don't mind me. So i've been surfing the web an have looked at pretty much all hatcheries online that i know and still cant find any call ducks for sale! So my question is where do you get your call ducks?
They are not easy to find. And when you do they seem to be very expensive.

They are not easy to find. And when you do they seem to be very expensive.
I've noticed, and i'm not worried about the price. i've found a website called johnson's water fowl that seems to be legit the only problem is they're always sold out! guess i'll just have to wait til' next year ;)

View attachment 1054201 View attachment 1054201 @Ravynscroft. What color do you call this. Kind of looks like a pied. Maybe a lavender pied??

I dunno... think that color came in from clousert's flock, not sure... not lavender...

This is lavender...

piZap_1480876702002_wm.jpg

Random question don't mind me. So i've been surfing the web an have looked at pretty much all hatcheries online that i know and still cant find any call ducks for sale! So my question is where do you get your call ducks?

From breeders... some hatcheries do offer Call ducklings, but they do NOT ship well... several people got shipped ones from hatcheries this year and most/all did not survive, unfortunately...

Shipped eggs are a PITA, but an alternative... best option though, if serious about them, is buy an adult pair/trio, etc, then hatch from them yourself...

From breeders... some hatcheries do offer Call ducklings, but they do NOT ship well... several people got shipped ones from hatcheries this year and most/all did not survive, unfortunately...

Shipped eggs are a PITA, but an alternative... best option though, if serious about them, is buy an adult pair/trio, etc, then hatch from them yourself...
Thank you, I was considering buying a breeding pair but I noticed that a local market i visit normally has about a dozen adult call ducks, drakes and hens so i'm going to see if i can buy about a half a dozen or so next year.

Back
Top Bottom