Call Ducks Finally Hatched

since you incubate lots of chickens and ducks (and turkeys lol) do you have a theory on why calls do so much better laying down??

Liz said it, lol...

i have seen better CAM development with them on their sides

@Ravynscroft i already see development in my eggies :love

Yup, *I think* that's the biggest reason... another theory is the shape of duckling being so different from chicks... but... :confused:

Yay!!! :ya

oh, I meant to tell you, the muddiest egg I sent and maroed with a little X, isn't really tuat muddy... the reason I sent it and marked it is because that is from the Call that lays almost black eggs at the beginning of her laying cycle...

@MamaLiss too cute!!

i agree with Liz, give her a few hours to uncurl before messing with boots. Congrats!!

X3

Yay!!! :ya

oh, I meant to tell you, the muddiest egg I sent and marked with a little X, isn't really that muddy... the reason I sent it and marked it is because that is from the Call that lays almost black eggs at the beginning of her laying cycle...
oh fun!! cant wait to see what colors i get this time :fl

His legs are fine, happy energetic little ducky. He is an only duck, many pipped on the wrong side and others did not pip at all. One other did hatch, lived for about 6 hours and then passed away. Feeling very lucky to have this little fella.

Attachments

• ducky.jpeg
    ducky.jpeg
    352.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
His legs are fine, happy energetic little ducky. He is an only duck, many pipped on the wrong side and others did not pip at all. One other did hatch, lived for about 6 hours and then passed away. Feeling very lucky to have this little fella.

So sorry for the losses... :hugs
Adorable little blue bibbed! :love

Back
Top Bottom