Calling all Colorado Duck Breeders!!!

tylerhearn

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 2, 2011
Hello all,

I am looking for some young ducks for a friend of mine, but he needs females. Anyone out there with any? Right now he has English Callers and he had to separate the two males as the one was very aggressive once he "courted" the one female he had. He ended up getting a female Peking duck, but she was massive compared to him, and she eventually went with the other male because she was quite mean. We were thinking that if he get some smaller, juvenile females, or something along those lines it would help the one solitary male.

Any ideas, or does this work? Also, if you have any for sale or know a good place to get some in CO, please let me know!

Thanks all!!!!

smile.png

Quote:
LF? Sorry, I am not familiar with ducks, would you mind explaining? And is is call ducks that he needs or just small ducks?

Thanks!

big_smile.png

Quote:
LF? Sorry, I am not familiar with ducks, would you mind explaining? And is is call ducks that he needs or just small ducks?

Thanks!

big_smile.png

LF mean Large Fowl. You need some more bantams, like calls. How much do these drake weigh?

Quote:

Thanks!

big_smile.png

LF mean Large Fowl. You need some more bantams, like calls. How much do these drake weigh?

Thank you for all the replies! I think that his male couldn't weigh more than a couple of pounds max. I will have to ask him, but he said that the pekin was massive compared to him. He's thinking Mallards? What do you think?

Thanks again!

Quote:

Thank you for all the replies! I think that his male couldn't weigh more than a couple of pounds max. I will have to ask him, but he said that the pekin was massive compared to him. He's thinking Mallards? What do you think?

Thanks again!

Depending on the strain mallards can range from a smaller bantam size to quite large.
If calls is what he has, he needs to get more calls to fix the problem or just get rid of the extra drake

So then....where is the best place to get some call ducks in the winter?!?!? Any suggestions on breeders or anything?!

THANKS!

Back
Top Bottom