Calling All Knitters

I knit! I just busted out a pile of cabled headbands/earwarmers for all the ladies in my family for Christmas and am currently working on a little cowl/neckwarmer and mittens for my preschooler (although that's more of what I'm actively working on...I'm horrible about having a ton of stuff on the needles that get set down for a while and then picked back up months or even years later!)

I knit, for about 12 years now. Not prolific, but I like knitting. Ravelry really helped me advance in my technique repertoire, as did Elizabeth Zimmermann's book "Knitting without Tears." Got me over that initial fear of failure. After all, it's just yarn!

I knit lace mostly, but there's nothing I won't tackle! Always use circs, by KnitPicks, and love magic loop! Anyone who knits tubular items should at least try it.

Happy knitting!

I knit, for about 12 years now. Not prolific, but I like knitting. Ravelry really helped me advance in my technique repertoire, as did Elizabeth Zimmermann's book "Knitting without Tears." Got me over that initial fear of failure. After all, it's just yarn!

I knit lace mostly, but there's nothing I won't tackle! Always use circs, by KnitPicks, and love magic loop! Anyone who knits tubular items should at least try it.

Happy knitting!
Do you make socks? I love TAATTUML socks. Fun. I also wanted to share that Alpaca direct has a lot of free patterns.

Happy knitting!

I never could get magic loop to work for me. I prefer my DPNs

Im newish to knitting. Teaching myself with youtubes videos as I go for stitches I dont know how to do. Currently finishing up my millionth (lol) dishcloth them moving on to my first shawl. Im a continental knitter. I have a sset of Chiagoo 5" twist lace interchangeable needles. LOVE THEM!!!

Going to be busy as a can be with farm work to get any time to knit. Unless we get rain or a deep freeze I will not get much time to knit.

Also learning to knit here. Started with round rooms then moved on to needles. I've made a bunch of hats and scarves, but have unraveled many of my v1 creations and re-knitted them - practice makes them so much better! I have several books I'm learning from, and having a lot of fun working through one that has many different stitches. I also plan to learn to crochet in the near future - I have hooks and books for that, too. lol

My next goal is to make some thick, warm socks. I think I'll start with a small round loom and keep them very simple. I wish I'd realized long ago how much fun (and how rewarding) knitting is - I'd be so much better now! No time like the present, I suppose...

I’m more of a crochet girl but I started with knitting and if we’re being honest here, it’s closer to my heart. I’ve been practicing various stitches as of recent. I got my first set of circular needles recently but they’re huge haha so I’m just practicing with them right now rather than making anything serious. One of my first finished products were knitted booties that were adjusted to fit my dog lol. The other one, finished shortly before the booties, was a mini scarf, also made to fit my dog. We’re sensing a theme here, right?

I like to knit as well and I am working on sweaters for my hens. I have never thought to knit for my dog. Pics please!

Back
Top Bottom