Calling all pictures of Barnevelders

Quote:
Skimmed your post and when I noticed the temps and mention of misting, I was shocked. LOL Are you having a heatwave this year? In the northern hemi, we are having an unusually cold winter.

Hi all,

Julie_A, I don't know if it is officially a heat wave, but we have certainly had many hotter than normal days this summer - many days into the 100s. Unfortunately our hottest days are normally in February, so I shudder to think what is still to come!!!
sickbyc.gif
I hate hot weather!

Mediazeal, I adore your little guy! He is very handsome. I would looooooooooooove to have a roo - I am hoping that we will move to a country farm one day so that I can run a few flocks with roos, and breed some of the more heritage type birds. I really like the big heavy birds - even though we have a couple of Hamburgs, which I love, I'm not sure I would get them again. I would definitely get a Barnie boy.

Mike, still no eggs... reading the posts in the egg laying section, it looks like somewhere between 28 and 31 weeks we might expect eggs. When we got them, the breeder said that we might get some eggs before they moult, but that is not usual - apparently they don't usually start until after the first moult. They are due to have a moult in March, I think?? So we might get some autumn eggs
fl.gif

I would love to keep this thread going and compare notes on our gorgeous (IMHO) barnies!
love.gif

Sam

Quote:
What happened to ya', Royce?
It's Monday night.
I was really looking forward to these SHOW birds that you have?
Every thing busy like the rest of us?
Try to get um' up!
Mike

Hi Mike,

It was one jam-packed Monday! I've got several things going at work right now and am just swamped. Which I am NOT complaining about since I never made one penny last year on the job. Then on top of that I had 40+ emails that I didn't get through until after 2200 last night. I put everybody off last year on hatching eggs and asked them to contact me after the first of the year. The orders are starting to flood in. Which is good - so not complaining there either. I've just been real busy. I didn't even sit down to eat until 2300 last night.

I was hoping to get some pictures taken last weekend but it never happened. I had two coops to clean, all the feeders and waterers to clean, breeding pens to get set up, and I don't know what else. Then a couple came by that wants some chicks in April and I spent an hour or more with them as they wanted to see the place and ask about different birds and such. Very nice people. Enjoyed the visit a lot. Then another gal came by and bought some birds from me. Another very nice person and enjoyable visit but I didn't wind up getting all my work done.

I got some more work done between services on Sunday but still need to get a lot more done this weekend. It's time to start separating birds into all the different breeding pens and getting ready to fill orders. I'll get those pics on here as soon as I can.

God Bless,

I want everyone to know that I did end up getting the Barnie from: Mediazeal
Incase you went to the last page in the thread he is see on page 2 last entry.
Should be here representing NEW BLOOD Wednesday Jan 21st or 22nd.
Thank you Kristy,
Mike

January 18th is a no mail holiday so I will just have to wait one X-tra day.
Tailfeathers, I know about busy. Just wanting to see as soon as possible. I'll be lookin'

Just a few of my favorites:

Roy - earlier this summer. Roy became our head roo about 1mo ago. He is wonderful with all our girls.
P1030092.jpg

After days of rain..... yuck!
P1010067.jpg

My all time favoirte Barnie Pic.
P1010357.jpg

With Roy, we hope to have some Barnie chicks this summer.

That is a very nice looking European Standard looking male. I had a nice one that just up and flipped over dead one night for no reason that I can think of. I was looking forward to breeding him to see what the extra brown might do to the lacing. Have you bred him to your females yet to see what effect the extra brown in the hackles and saddles has?

God Bless,

Quote:
I will call her again to verify
I have an appt to mail him on the 18th and a confirmation #.

bummer, I called back, you are correct, he now has an appt to be shipped on the 19th before 10am
will be there Wed or Thurs.
Sorry for the confusion.

Quote:
That has to be one of the best Roos I've seen yet!
I hope my little new addition has those deep yellow legs like that.
From what I see in the pix it almost looks like your flock is nicer than mine................But, I would never admit it.
Mike

Back
Top Bottom