Calling all pictures of Barnevelders

I'm not sure about the Lowell Barber line but I do have some lighter color Barnies that I will be offering up as soon as the weather turns.
I believe that there double laced not the triple, but I will have to take a closer look.
That one that you have/had with the triple lacing is really special. Maybe after mine molt or something?
There a year old and laying and I am hatching chicks now.
Also I am going to ship my first eggs to see how there going to take next week.
Mike

I'm so excited
celebrate.gif
I just set my first "homegrown" barnie eggs! I have 20 in the bator plus 5 EE x Barnie cross eggs.

30473_egg_picture.jpg

This is my first time on the Barnie thread. I got my first Barnie egg yesterday! Yeah! It wasn't as dark as I expected, but it's the first one, so no complaints. For her first egg, it was pretty big. Now I'll be waiting for the other 11 to start laying.

Quote:
My Barnie pullets all layed nice sized eggs from the start. I had a wyandotte pullet who layed tiny pullet eggs for weeks until I sold her. My two EE's don't lay as large of an egg either.

Last edited:
I now have my first auction up on Barnie eggs.
I sure hope this works out for some of those people who are wanting to get started with this breed.

Click to make larger.

This is most of my flock.
I can't remember if I put this one up or not.
I really need to go take some more pictures.

Check out the Hatching egg section and let me know of any tips I can incorporate into my auction.
Thanks,
Mike

We just finished a b-i-n auction for our barney eggs in the auction section. There was a lot of interest in the breed. Our incubator is slammed with eggs and we have them coming out our ears. Hubby and I were wondering-- what crosses has anyone tried with the barneys? Would it be possible to breed a barney with blue feathers and black lacing? We have a clean legged blue copper marans we could put over some of the hens. Just curious.

Quote:
no the blue gene dilutes black to blue or splash... but you could breed one with blue lacing... it would probably take about 5 or 6 generation to get them to breed true... do you have a splash roo to breed to your barney hen's??? that would be best as you would get blue's the first generation and then just select for what you want...

I'm adding 3 birds to my little flock in the near future. Am quite keen on getting some rare breed birds:
Definately a buff sussex
Definately a silver laced wyandotte

And I have been offered a barnevelder
celebrate.gif

They look lovely - I like a clean legged bird with a bit of substance
But are they nice people?
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom