Calling all pictures of Barnevelders

tls ranch-----EGADS--the blue laced are GORGEOUS!!
clap.gif
My supply of Barnies fell through so I got a BLRW and at a quick glance I thought yours were but doubled blue laced Barnies??--WOW--they are heavenly!
choir.gif

Thought I would give an updated photo of my girls. We now have 3 barnies, one of whom has decided to go broody, but we have just hatched some Australorps with our other broody (Hamburgh) so I would rather not give her fertile eggs to hatch for now (we are restricted in the number of chickens we can have).

I have found the Barnies to be lovely, food-oriented girls
droolin.gif
, who lay very regularly. Not sure if they meet any standards, but we are not breeding, so it is not an issue for us. We just love having them!

44298_img_1390.jpg

And here they are playing hide and seek in the garden...

44298_img_1383.jpg

Sam

A FaverVelder?!? I thought the eggs were pure Salmon Faverolle, but it appears the Barnie roo was 'just in time'. They're healthy, clean legged, & orangy... my son called them Halloween chicks.
I look forward to seeing their eggs. We don't plan to make more of them, just had to share this with you.
smile.png

Oh goodie a thread for barney pics! I posted a couple on the other Barnevelder thread but no one really cared lol.

Here are my two month old Barnevelders. I have two males and two females. I think they are going to be a favourite of mine, I can't believe their SHINE. Very cool. Not very good pics but what else is new.

42359_barny_pullet.jpg

42359_barny_roo.jpg

42359_barnevelder_girl.jpg

Hi All
Anyone around Northern California have an extra Barneveler rooster they are willing to sell?
A fella in Sacramento area is asking me for one and I don't have an extra for him
Thought I would ask
PM me if you might
thanks
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom