calling any one from missouri

One of the saddest things I have ever seen was on a trip to Israel, the city of Bethlehem has a 30 foot wall around the city because of fighting. I hope the rebellion in Ferguson stops.

I hope no one was unfriendly to you. I have not been on here for a while but for the most part everyone is kind. I love down by Truman Lake, have 15 gunieas,20 cochin and 9 bigger hen and one rooster. I have wwway to amny cochin rooster would love to give some away if I could find any one to take them. Let one of the hens hatch out 8 eggs and 5 of them turned out to be rooster and another hen hatch out 9 and about 4 of then were rooster also gave away 5 but still have 9 way to many. hope to see you on here again peanut

HI Edancamp this is peanut I have been KEEPING A LIGHT ON MY CHICKENS AND GUIEANS BECAUSE LAST YEAR I HAD ONE HEN FREEZE, SO SHOULD NOT KEEP THE HEAT LIGHT ON THEM ALL THE TIME. LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE PEANUT

Hey peanut! - if you lose power and your birds are used to heat lamp they are more likely to die as they have not had a chance to develop the feathering they need. What they need is a dry place out of the wind - but with some upper ventilation to wisk away moisture. It's the moisture that contributes to frostbite. A 40 watt bulb on a timer from 4AM to 9AM will keep them laying. But no, let them grow their feathers as nature intended. Besides, lot of heat lamp fires and that is REALLY not good.

Hi Peanut,
just looking over the Missouri board messages and noticed you have Cochin.
Very curious about the details on yours. Are they LF or Bantam?
What colors do you have?

I am just starting with 1 blue male too young to ruffle my girls feathers
wink.png

My girls are all splash Cochin and I have 1 male splash that looks gorgeous. All of mine are LF. I do not need any kind of heat in our chicken house because
those Cochin have twice as many feathers as other birds and they keep very warm.
I also have white crested black polish. Now those stay in the house on real cold days I've noticed where the Cochin will peck around in the pin.
I think it's because the Cochin are always warm.
Even on the days it was freezing here the hen house seemed to stay warm on it's own. Looks like we will be testing again this week as temps
are dropping quickly. Burrrrrrr!

Keep warm everyone!

Hi Mine are Bantam, 3 black and white 2 gold and some red with black on their tales, sure would be willing to give them away if any one would like them. just let me know.

Should I go ahead and turn the light off now, one of my houses has a wood floor and the other is dirt. I let them free range in the day. I have it closed up pretty good not much cold wind get in the houses, just thought that the light would help since I lost a hen last year will do what you think is best because I am kind of new at this. I have had my guineas for about 3 years and have never put a light in their house. just thought I was doing the right thing. Thanks a bunch.

Back
Top Bottom