calling any one from missouri

I picked up the bator today and 3 of the five that were due to hatch had hatched! Here is a blue cochin pic with dalilah the kitty.

32929_100_5971.jpg

32929_100_5970.jpg

This picture wasn't very good. I will try some more later.
There is one peeping now.
jumpy.gif

I have 3 more due to hatch this weekend and the last 8 due to hatch next weekend. I hope they all hatch even though they went a few hours with no heat.

fl.gif

davony's chicks :

I picked up the bator today and 3 of the five that were due to hatch had hatched! Here is a blue cochin pic with dalilah the kitty.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/32929_100_5971.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/32929_100_5970.jpg

This picture wasn't very good. I will try some more later.
There is one peeping now.
jumpy.gif

I have 3 more due to hatch this weekend and the last 8 due to hatch next weekend. I hope they all hatch even though they went a few hours with no heat.

fl.gif

Oh, it's so cute! My kids are just about begging to get chicks... But Shoot, in order to hatch chicks you have to have eggs!!! My hens have gone on strike, I guess... Not a single egg in 3 weeks. They are about to be chicken stew, fried chicken and chicken and dumplings.
somad.gif

Any ideas as to why they suddenly would stop? Nothing is getting in and stealing them. I've been out there at odd times during the day on the weekend and nothing. I totally cleaned out the coop a week ago last Sunday and put new straw in the nesting boxes. They scratched two of the boxes empty and left the one they used to all lay in but NO NEST! NO EGGS! NOTHING!!
th.gif

Quote:
Oh, it's so cute! My kids are just about begging to get chicks... But Shoot, in order to hatch chicks you have to have eggs!!! My hens have gone on strike, I guess... Not a single egg in 3 weeks. They are about to be chicken stew, fried chicken and chicken and dumplings.
somad.gif

Any ideas as to why they suddenly would stop? Nothing is getting in and stealing them. I've been out there at odd times during the day on the weekend and nothing. I totally cleaned out the coop a week ago last Sunday and put new straw in the nesting boxes. They scratched two of the boxes empty and left the one they used to all lay in but NO NEST! NO EGGS! NOTHING!!
th.gif

Thanks misschickenlittle.

I am sorry I don't know why your chickens quit laying. This same thing happened to my neighbors chickens, except his went into a very heavy molt and just never layed again. He ended up getting rid of them and starting over.

Maybe somebody else may have some better information for you.

Stew sounds good too!
lol.png

It has been quiet in here for a few days now. Where did everyone go?
idunno.gif

Here is the hatch update. 4 of the 5 that were due to hatch on Wednesday did hatch.

I have 3 more eggs that should hatch this sunday so
fl.gif

I have the next batch of eight are supposed to hatch next weekend. These are the mille fleurs I bought on BYC. I have not candled them so I should probably do that.

I just put 14 eggs in the bator yesterday. I got these from luckypickens here on BYC. These are all cochin bantams 5 are black split to lavender, 2 mottled, 2 mille fleur, 2 partridge, 1 red and 2 birchen.

I hope we have good weather until these hatch. I am so excited!

Anyone here going to the Heartland Classic Show this month? It's in Cape Girardeau, Mo. I'm planning to go, definitely an overnight trip but sounds too much fun to miss. They're doing the Serama table top judging, should be a Lot of fun
big_smile.png

I haven't checked in here for a while, I'm in SW Missouri. I've finally got a nice sized breeding flock of Araucana's and I now have 5 good hens and 3 great roosters and eggs in the incubator plus a little single cockerel that I hatched from some eggs Jerry sent me that is a lap baby now. He's 2 months old and weighs a whopping 4 ounces. I've just sold out of my Araucana hatching eggs but can manage to save a dozen in a week to sell if anyone is interested. I'd love to see more breeders in Missouri. I'll have Serama chicks for sale this summer and I'm so excited about my Chocolate Serama project. I have a single chocolate hen. I'm doing test breedings with my blue wheaten rooster before I start looking for a SQ black rooster. I don't know as I'll ever be able to replicate this hen but I'm sure going to try. I also bought a pair of Golden Laced standard Cochins.

If anyone is interested in trading some hatching eggs from Serama's, GL Cochins or true Araucana's I'd love to hear from you.

Yes, this crazy weather has gotten the girls a bit upset but they are troopers and are laying at least 2 dozen per day out of the 43 of them. It didn't help that the breaker flipped on the GFI outlet unnoticed for a few days and they had no light come on from 4-7am as is usual. Fighting the urge to get a few more this year. Chicks are a lot of work! (No broody hen at the moment to do the job for me.)

Quote:
Thanks! If everything hatches that I will end up with 26 chicks! I will either have to build a new coop or get rid of some here and there. I will have to wait and see what I get.

smoothmule good luck on your Chocolate Serama project!

And yes this weather is driving me crazy too! I have had enough already! but unfortunately we have a long way to go before we are in the clear.

Back
Top Bottom