calling any one from missouri

Hi Cg,

Thanks for your input. I actually went to Lowe's yesterday and bought some 18 gallon totes to plant a few stalks in (probably about 4-6 stalks per tote x 4 totes) and some bags of garden soil. I have plenty of land for growing, but no tiller and frankly, no ambition to go that route. Totes are easier! lol After I harvest the corn, I plan to just put the lids on and let them be outside until spring. They'll be too heavy with soil in them to be moving around all the time and because they are behind my house next to a fence row, they won't be noticed by any guests.

What a good idea. My neighbor used to have railroad ties to make a garden bed out of, filled with soil. I thought that was the only way to get some flower beds around here but I might have to reconsider.

There is a Natural Grocer in Columbia
I bet it's the same place my Sister-in-law shops (or used to...she used to give my hubby food she bought there because they both share a genetic disease but hubby wasn't interested so she stopped).

CG

Hello fellow Missouri Guys and Gals. In my quest to live a more healthy and natural lifestyle, I've recently taken on the role of chicken keeper. In February, I bought four black sex link chicks to give me healthy eggs. With four dogs of questionable chicken love, I decided to get four chicks (even though only two would have been enough), just in case. As they are about to begin laying, I have been on a quest to find organic, non-gmo, non soy chicken feed. I know, I'm probably more likely to find a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, but I was just wondering if any of the other mid-missourians on here might have a good source for that kind of food. The local feed store doesn't carry any, but possibly can order it, although it's not real convenient (even if it is what I'm looking for...) and with only four chickens I don't need 50 lbs. of it. I'm placing an order today for the Scratch and Peck non-soy Layer Chicken Feed - 25 lbs., but with $19 in shipping, it's painful to order. If anyone buys any or makes any or would be interested in going in halves or whatever on a 50# bag, please let me know. I'm in the Columbia/Kingdom City area. The organic, non-gmo corn is really the trickiest part of the equation. Finding just the corn is nearly impossible and finding it a good price IS impossible. At this point, I'm looking at growing a few stalks of my own heirloom corn to use in my own recipe. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, warnings, etc., are welcome. :)
There's a new place in central MO called Black Sheep Organics that makes a Non-GMO feed. It is relatively inexpensive compared to other organics.
I'd get 50 lbs. anyway because it will be much less expensive. Just keep it in a cool place and it will last.

Kathy here is their site looks like their south of Jeff City.
http://www.blacksheepfeed.com/
What's the chickens in Black Jack update ChickenCanoe?

Looks like they plan on giving me extensions until they can rewrite the code.
Problem is, they're talking about limits on numbers, coops, setbacks, etc.. All things they know nothing about. That's not to mention they want to have a schedule of inspections, permits, license fees, et. al..

I looked them up and they are in St. Elizabeth, which is about an hour and a half south of me and when I researched their physical address (108 Hwy. PP, St. Elizabeth, MO 65075) mapquest could not find it. While that is a little too far for me to just drive down there in hopes they have a cool store, I'd be curious to hear anyone's feedback who has been there in regards to their pricing and how their poultry food looks. They seem to have stopped about half way through the construction of their website, which is too bad, since I like what little information I was able to get from it. I just don't have the time for road trips right now to check it out myself.
sad.png

Looks like they plan on giving me extensions until they can rewrite the code.
Problem is, they're talking about limits on numbers, coops, setbacks, etc.. All things they know nothing about. That's not to mention they want to have a schedule of inspections, permits, license fees, et. al..
sound like a call for you to propose how the new code should read... maybe write it yourself and take it to them for discussion? put some experience and logic in it from the start...

I lived the mojority of my life in STL or surrounding areas. About 7 months ago we moved to northeast Ohio & things are so much different up here! Really miss STL a lot & hope to get back there one day soon. We've been looking for farms to rent/purchase or even land to buy in hopes of building our own. That's pretty much the onlything keeping us here right now, we absolutely love our little farm! Once we find our little paradise there & make sure we have the jobs to back it up, we're outta here!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom