Campine Chicken thread?

Pics
Sorry, it took me longer than I thought to remember to take pictures of my "girls."

I just came across this thread. Campines are one of my primary breeds. Those are both boys. I'm surprised they aren't crowing. I've had cockerels start trying to crow as early as 16 days old. A very precocious breed.

As said above, you don't get the normal full tail like with most roosters, they are a hen feathered breed.

Deb

Last edited:
Since there is no crowing, I think I may just keep them until eggs or crowing happen.

I'd hate to give them away just to find out that if I had just waited a little longer I could have had eggs.

*I did tell them when they were 4 months old that as long as they didn't crow I'd keep them. Maybe they understood me.*

~Thank you guys.

I actually breed and in my incubators hatch out Silver Campines, and yes they are beautiful birds! I just had 3 hatch out today at about 430 and one more trying the others are still in the oven lol

Hi guys,

I have some Golden Campine cockerels and pullets I need to sell. I need more room for the birds I'm keeping.
Please pm me if you are interested, I will send pictures and info.

I'm hoping that this thread isn't dead but I have a silver campine and I'm unsure of when they normally start laying. She has a bright red huge comb and wattles that she has been growing for about a month now. She also has started screeching everyday for the last few days. I'm very sure she isn't a rooster because she grew her comb shortly after I got her at about 18 weeks. She is approximately 24 weeks. I love her, I think she is the most interesting bird I have besides my production red. Very curious but does not like to be handled very much.

I'm hoping that this thread isn't dead but I have a silver campine and I'm unsure of when they normally start laying. She has a bright red huge comb and wattles that she has been growing for about a month now. She also has started screeching everyday for the last few days. I'm very sure she isn't a rooster because she grew her comb shortly after I got her at about 18 weeks. She is approximately 24 weeks. I love her, I think she is the most interesting bird I have besides my production red. Very curious but does not like to be handled very much.
You should be getting eggs any day now.

I don't know if it's just the difference in my lines, but my goldens started laying much younger than my silvers.

Good luck on that first egg.

Deb

You should be getting eggs any day now.

I don't know if it's just the difference in my lines, but my goldens started laying much younger than my silvers.

Good luck on that first egg.

Deb
I went outside today and found my first egg but it was cracked. Othello laid it under the chicken ramp. I guess I'm going to have to check a lot earlier tomorrow and see if I can find the egg. I think that she knows I'm going to take them. I have fake eggs in the nesting boxes but I guess she just doesn't get it.

Back
Top Bottom