Campine Chicken thread?

Pics
Here is mine at one month old, she has a large comb but no pink yet
fl.gif

78308_pineysitting.jpg

No I ordered 1 GC pullet. So no others to compare her to besides the other chicks growing...her comb is about the same size as our BO "pullets" but seems slightly darker.

Her feathering looks pretty smooth. My GC girl looked about like that at 5 weeks. The pictures of cockerals I've seen at that age show lots less feathering and bare patches on the breast that haven't feathered yet.

IMHO you have a girl. Let us know.

Thanks for the encouragement - she is totally smooth (almost fully feathered out if not completely). It's just the comb that worries me, nothing else (attitude is definitely not what I'd expect from a roo) and then seeing that pic on Page 8 of a 5-week-old roo really got me excited Gwen is still a girl! Hope you're right and I'll definitely update with some new pics as she grows up. Though, I've heard that it's pretty difficult to tell a roo from a pullet just by looking at them...it's more like whether they crow or not!

I am back with some pictures!
lol.png
These chicks are about 3-4 weeks old, just to give you a general idea. <3

I'm needing some help possibly identifying genders? Out of these two chicks one has a much bigger comb, but thus far the feathers that are coming in are coming in at the same time. Although, I must say, these chicks are quite flighty, even though one is a sweetheart once it's picked up.

Chick #1:
Img_02610.jpg

Img_02710.jpg

Img_02711.jpg

And chick #2:
Img_02810.jpg

Img_02811.jpg

Img_02813.jpg

Back
Top Bottom