can anyone help identify these chicks

jaxia

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 1, 2014
Broken Arrow, ok
I was told the yellow one is possibly a sex-link which seems to b right but the black one we have no clue. The coloring is interesting and she already has a good growth of tail feathers.

Ive looked at that breed and thot the same but since these r my first chicks I figured id ask some experts! I was curious about the possibility of it being mistakenly sexed at female. So far we show alot of roo typical behaviors and the tail feathers are so prominent

Yeah its a good thing you ask there is some very smart people on here that can help you!

The comb at this point looks just like the gold chicks. They are only like a week and a half old if the info atwoods gave me was accurate.

A picture of the comb (ie from front/top) would be more helpful as at this point we can't see what the gold chick's comb looks like in the photo posted so knowing it looks the same isn't really helpful. There are several types (shapes) of combs and different breeds have different combs so seeing the comb can help narrow the list of possibilities

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom