Can anyone tell me if these are true Aracuana chicks?

I do have a couple of the Sussex that are a little bigger and have lighter chest than the others it seems and one with prominently bigger tail feathers. But I suppose they could be a day or two age difference in them also

My EE eggs are large to extra large eggs. They lay blue, green, olive and brown eggs depending on the bird. I had a beautiful Sussuex but he didn't make it. He was a nice big bird but got week when I changed him off the starter feed. I was new with chickens and didn't see the signs till too late. I had thought he injured a wing like one of my other birds had. Nope he was weak. (Idk if he was a boy or girl but we called him bold. We were waiting to see if he was a hen or a roo. It was a very sad loss. Kicked myself for quite a while),
I have a Sussex from the local supply store. Tiny compared to my one that passed. She lays small brown eggs.

From what I understand it seems as if you have to go directly to a breeder to get true aracuanas but i figured Id take my chances. How big were your eggs and what color did your eggs turn out?

From what I understand it seems as if you have to go directly to a breeder to get true aracuanas but i figured Id take my chances. How big were your eggs and what color did your eggs turn out?

How soon can you typically see the tufts on Aracuana chicks? And do you think the solid yellow one is an EE too?

Araucanas show tufts at hatch... yellow one is an EE as well...

Some of the ones that were suppose to be the Aracuanas are starting to get fluffier cheeks than the others. Definitely not tufts but is that normal for EE chicks? I'll post some photos in just a second.

Not the best pictures to show it but I know the Americuanas have the muff like this but why would some have them and others dont?

So they could be a mix or Aracuana, Americuanas and whatever else right? If a hatchery or feed stores Sells them as aracuana are they usually aracuana/Americuana cross or is there even any way to really tell?

Back
Top Bottom