can anyone tell the diff from a polish hen to a rooster

I have a polish/silkies cross 5-6 months old. Is that young enough to introduce to my 8 barred rock 3-4 month old chicks??

I know this is an old thread, but I was hoping maybe you guys could help me figure out roo or hen on two of our new 9 week old Polish chicks. I looked through this thread and I see how each photo is a hen or roo as explained, but for some reason it is really hard to be objective on your own birds. The tolbunt is Beaker and the speckled is DingBat. Thanks in advance!

Hello. I'm really concerned over my polish. Seems a little roosterish. I came across this post. Hopefully someone can help me determin if this is a hen or rooster.

can anyone help me out, I got these two today not sure if there a little to young to tell. The lighter one keps fight wiht my rooster, and is very vocal. This might be because they are new, but doesn't seem to want a bar of the hen.
Might not be the best pic but I can get another one.

Last edited:
I have a polish mix, maybe 5 ish mos old, there is no cone and no waddles and the tail feathers stick straight up in the air and do not curl downward.... hen?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom