Can Baby Chicks Eat Things Like Strawberries?

I have a question about grit. I just purchased a 5 lb. bag, but don't know how to feed  it to my chicks. Should I just put a bit in a little container, or offer it with the foods I am giving them? Also, what foods are safe for 2 week old chicks to eat? I want to offer them fun treats occasionally, but don't know what is safe.

There are multiple treats to give to chicks without hurting them! :)

1. Mealworms
2. Worms (small)
3. Banana
4. Starwberry :lau
5. Crackers (once in awhile shouldn't hurt)

And lots more! :)

Oh, and for the grit, when you give your chicks a treat, mix in some chick grit with it! :)

I hope I helped you out! :) I'll try to put together a list of treats for you! :D

http://www.bootsandchickenpoop.wix.com/mysite

Chickens know when they need "grit" to help digest their food.
Always offer grit separate from their food.

I have a question about grit. I just purchased a 5 lb. bag, but don't know how to feed it to my chicks. Should I just put a bit in a little container, or offer it with the foods I am giving them? Also, what foods are safe for 2 week old chicks to eat? I want to offer them fun treats occasionally, but don't know what is safe.
I keep chick grit in front of them all the time play sand and granite ground up in a $3 yard sale blender a plastic container that lunch meat comes in chopped up kale carrots parsley alfalfa sprouts cantaloupe turnip greens and hard boiled eggs they love it all

Okay, I have a small list of chick treats done! :)

1. Watermelon
2. Cucumber
3. Orange
4. Grapes (Cut in half)
5. Tortilla
6. Cooked peas, corn and beans left over from the night before
7. Lettuce
8. Spinach
9. Cabbage
10. Chard
11. Kale

I hope I helped you and just to let you know, your chicks are going to love you when you give them a treat! :) I know mine does!!! :D

Do any of the fruits or vegetables have to be peeled? Also do I just put a little dish in grit in front of their treat or do I mix it in? Thanks for the list!

no they do not have to be peeled.
offer the grit in a separate dish from the treat.

how many chicks?

Back
Top Bottom