Can Baby Chicks Eat Things Like Strawberries?

What's the best way to attract bugs into the coop? At 3-4 weeks of age, they love to chase flies, moths, etc........ Should I switch to an incandescent bulb or put fruit juice in the coop? They are fun to watch when a fly enters the coop. It's a free for all.

I have my 39 chicks and 2 ducks in my dining room. Put down a tarp and put a weep around baby gate next to the wall. We have been giving them more room as they get bigger. Found out they like to snuggle with stuffed animals. Made the ducks a shallow pond with a round cookie sheet. Hanging seeder and strings are also part of there home. They are very spoiled chicks. I also have 3 adult cats whom i introduced to the chicks on day one and fortunately they do not bother them. I think that's because i allowed them to sniff and see them as family. Chicken football is our favorite past time. Lol this is when i drop small fruit pieces in there Pen and they Chase each other trying to steal it.

What's the best way to attract bugs into the coop? At 3-4 weeks of age, they love to chase flies, moths, etc........ Should I switch to an incandescent bulb or put fruit juice in the coop? They are fun to watch when a fly enters the coop. It's a free for all.

This is a first!
I have never heard of anyone actually wanting flies!

LOL\

Think of my coop as a giant bug zapper, except the bugs become chicken treats.

I actually do not have flies in my coop...I wonder if my girls are zapping them??
idunno.gif

​Forgot to mention they have a continues supply of play sand and ground fine granite  

I'm glad to see this, I take my kids to school them come back and fix salad for my chicks too. I give a bit to my daughter's bearded dragon then chicks get the rest. I haven't tried eggs tho. Will that not cause them to want eggs and then eat their eggs?

Back
Top Bottom