Can someone tell me what's wrong?

Sledder91

Hatching
Dec 13, 2016
I have 1 Muscovy with chickens and he/she seems kinda depressed he/she just sits in a little eating box all day and I have to pick him up and take him to the food and water. He/she is pretty young only a couple months I think. Please help.

certainly worth a try, they do not like to be alone and if it's not bonding with the chickens I'm sure he/she needs a friend. Good luck :)

Well today the Muscovy was and walking around and even came outside when I let the chickens out. I got another Muscovy as a friend for him and there all happy playing in a little bit of water and eating!

Well I gave the ducks a bath in the house to give them some play time. I tried to dry them off but they kept moving around so I kinda dryed them off. Went to the coop and one was frozen to death. I feel so bad and am keeping a close eye on the other one. This is a big learning curve for me

:hugs I'm sorry.

How cold is it outside? Do they have a draft fee coop? It not good for them to fluctuate temperate a lot, and also this is his first winter, so it's a big adjustment. Muscovy are from south America, so they don't have as much cold hardiness as a mallard type either.
Hopefully now the one left will not depressed again. Are they with the chickens still? How are the chickens handling the cold?

Last edited:
Well I gave the ducks a bath in the house to give them some play time. I tried to dry them off but they kept moving around so I kinda dryed them off. Went to the coop and one was frozen to death. I feel so bad and am keeping a close eye on the other one. This is a big learning curve for me
Was it the depressed Duck that passed away?...........If so, I do not think it froze to death.....Birds and many animals can hide illness pretty well......Do not feel bad.....These things happen....

Sorry for your loss again......

It's not that crafty it's a insulated fishing shack with all holes covered up and a heater inside. He didn't seem his right self today either.

Back
Top Bottom