Can you use a dog shock collar to teach a rooster to stop crowing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Been wondering since the beginning. High controversial second topic. Seems to be a lot of it lately, perhaps "spring fever"?

I felt the OP asked a very legitimate question. If it works, I'm sure they are more than a few people that would like to have a rooster that doesn't crow. To say chickens can't be trained is not true. I've got mine to stay out of my carport, by hosing them down when they wander in there. I doubt that the shock from a dog collar would kill a rooster. Mine wander into my 20k volt electric fence quite often and after two years, no roasted chickens yet.

Quote:
I agree with you Chickengal, I am an animal lover and I think using a shock collar as they are intended and not abused are useful tools. For dogs, that is. We used one as a last resort in keeping our dog from jumping over our fence and escaping. She only did it once, at the lowest level shock. They work immediately. She never jumped over again and she was never shocked again. I would think it would kill a rooster tho.

Last edited:
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lol.png
What are you all talkin' about?? That was a GREAT question!
gig.gif
I've seen a few roos I'd like to light up myself!
lol.png
lau.gif
Just imagine the tiny little shock collars and the money we could make from them!
gig.gif

I've always felt that they should have made shock collars for kids...that way they wouldn't know who was correcting them but, by golly, they would learn!
lol.png

I wonder which the roo would prefer: I little electroshock therepy to discourage crowing, or, a trip to freezer camp?

Quote:
I can guess a quick humane trip to the freezer...Thats what i would choose if someone was going to keep shocking me day in and day out for doing something that is NATURAL to me...
yeah... kill me please... its more humane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom