Can you visably sex guinea fowl?

The roosters may not try to mate the guineas. Or the guineas may not let them. Don't know if you were referring to your rooster mating chicken hens or the guineas, but my roosters (several different sizes and breeds) have never even tried to mate the guineas. They either aren't attracted to them, or are scared to death of them. My guineas like breaking up fights, so they're probably afraid of them (afraid of trying to mate them, they don't avoid being near them).

I was just curious about the breeding thing. I'm not all that interested in breeding. I make sure I take out eggs every day, just in case.

And Sarahandjay, if anyone ends up having to go, it'll be the new guy. My little roo isn't going anywhere. So we'll just see how it goes. I've tried to keep roosters before and they always get snotty.

There have been some guinea-chicken hybrids, but can only be done with guinea hens and chicken roosters, I believe (so can't be a male guinea with female chicken).

I can't tell which eggs are from my guineas, because I have a large variety in my flock, with all different sized birds, so I can't try to incubate their eggs to see if I can get a hybrid.

I've seen pictures of the hybrids and they are interesting looking. Lol. If I ever decide to try to hatch out some eggs, I'll post a pic.

I spoke too soon about my bantam rooster. Twice now I've caught him in the right position on the girls. I guess it took him a year to figure out he needed to sit further down on their back. :p Oh well, he's still sweet and I get the eggs out every day.

Guinea eggs are gunna be slightly smaller, speckled ,with a harder shell..this is from what I've seen from the grey ones..

Really? They're tiny like pullet eggs. This is my 8 year old holding them. The guinea egg on the bottom, then an easter egger egg which is medium, then a brown egg which is large.

Back
Top Bottom