Canadian Ontario Hatchery?

We are looking to purchase a variety of RTL Hens. A little concerned now from reading about negative experiences. I suppose we could wait but very excited and looking forward to enjoying our first free range egg. Does anyone know where we could purchase a few healthy RTL's near London, ON?

I checked out the links previously given. I'm not too excited about Freys (due to previous bad chicks). Rochester Hatchery is far so will need to fly the chicks out to Ontario (I'm in the Niagara area). I'm looking for 100 day-olds of either Rhode Island or New Hampshire Reds. The shipping cost was quoted to me as $80-$90 plus $10 handling fee.
Anyone know of a better place? Or anyone want to order with me and split shipping?

I just ordered from Bonnie's Hatchery. I'll see how the chicks do over the next little bit. They just arrived. Good customer service and pleased so far.

K7S10,
I got an order form to order through a store from Bonnie's Hatchery. The form has a spot for CFO Registration #. Were you asked for one? We found out it was legal for us to keep chickens in our yard, and I've been reading like crazy about keeping backyard chickens, but I haven't heard of the CFO Number before. Does anyone know, or does anyone have one or not have one?

K7S10,
I got an order form to order through a store from Bonnie's Hatchery. The form has a spot for CFO Registration #. Were you asked for one? We found out it was legal for us to keep chickens in our yard, and I've been reading like crazy about keeping backyard chickens, but I haven't heard of the CFO Number before. Does anyone know, or does anyone have one or not have one?

I think thats for having birds butchered.

we have used Freys for many years and have had birds shipped to both Newfoundland and Nova Scotia. We highly recommend them. We used them when we lived in Ontario and used to go to the hatchery to pick up. They are friendly and very helpful.

Hi, I just moved to North West Ontario from Texas and looking for a place to order chickens. I know it is probably too late now to order some chicks even from a large hatchery...as it is September 10th. I am looking for super cold hearty dual-purpose birds, as NW Ontario winters are brutal...so any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Try Freys hatchery they have a dual purpose bird. Our birds are straight meat birds. Fresy have a web site they are still hatching I think.

Back
Top Bottom