Cardboard Box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be right, MayberrySaint. I certainly hope so, because I hate to think of that poor bird having suffered for so long, and I shudder at the thought that he (or she) may be getting another bird to put through such treatment. I do hope it's just somebody fishing for outrage. I suppose s/he could have gotten a picture of a Silkie anywhere.

sad.png

hmmm...
hu.gif
...why would someone do such a thing?

While its unfortunate for the chicken, it really sounds like a child who does not have much control over his environment. The chicken may have been an indulgence allowed with not much forethought on anyone's part. Sadly, too many people are ignorant about the care and welfare of animals.

idunno.gif
It would be sad to think that someone has gone to all this trouble to create a false scenario, and for what?

I agree, I have sat here and read the whole thread, this is not real, this is someone trying to get everyone all upset. I think it is driving him crazy that you guys just keep trying to help, it seems his trying harder and harder to upset everyone.

I have followed this post from day 1! It has upset me to the point that last night I woke up thinking about Corn and other.... animals.( Then I also had the thought that "maybe" (hopefully) it wasn't for real!) If it is, I also would donate food or a new life for Corn. Best best buddy, please respond and let us know how we can help. If you doing the best you can, I think we can pitch in and help. someone MUST live near you, so someone can assess your situation and help. If your best interests ARE at heart, Corn won't be taken away, but he can live a better life with you. This I hope for. Merry

Quote:
I was wondering the same thing... I really hope that he IS a troll because reading this and thinking that it may be real makes me sick to my stomach.

I have to admit, I never thought of the troll angle.

Think about this...

How many chicks and bunnies are given to children every year at Easter time and die from miss-care and/or ignorance?

Seems feed stores and pet shops need an education and should require buyers to know what's is needed before purchasing.
I assume we all know the response we would get...it's just a chicken...how sad.

Don't feel sorry for Corn, try to save the next chick from seeing the same fate. Easter is just around the corner. We should have a SAVE A CHICK rally!

That is an interesting angle to put on this story. It is becoming a long post and we havent seen any update pictures or anything. By this time Corn should have gotten bigger and we can see if the waterer is made to spec as said.

Wether a troll or truely a child in need of help, this thread makes my stomach churn. If there really is a Corn, I cry for him. What a life. Lived alone in a box. No fresh air, hardly more than the absolute BARE necceseties.

I'm sorry for what I'm about to say, but it sickens me. It sickens me that an animal meant to live outdoors (please dont take offense if you have an 'indoor chicken'!) in the fresh air and sun, with at least ONE other of its own kind, with good food and room to roam and get bugs that arent poisoned, scratch in dirt and dust bathe, and do all the things that chickens should do.

Instead, this poor chicken (again, this assumes there IS a chicken) lives a life more of a neglected hamster or parakeet with a box as its home, and only a mirror to talk to. You know what? I take that back. I HAVE a hamster, and it resides in a 3' x 3' x 3' cage, with multi levels and tubes and wheels and tunnels and toys about. It is fed only the best food, with vedgy scraps and fruit bits and seeds every day. Its cage is chaned and rearranged daily to keep it entertained. New things are added or taken away to keep its mind sharp, and keep her playful and excited about her home. The HAMSTER gets out of its cage for A MINIMUM of TWO HOURS each day.

Who cares so well for this critter? My EIGHT year old daughter. What has she gotten from all this care? A hamster that is now FOUR years old, having lived nearly TWO YEAR PAST the life expectancy of a typical hamster. Am I proud? Hell yes! But when I read posts like this it makes my skin crawl. If this is a child, she is not at fault. Her folks are. They appearantly lack human decency and compassion. If there is a Corn, I pray to God that someone finds him and rescues him soon...before its too late.
sad.png
If there isnt a Corn at all, then God save the person who is twisted enough to prey on the emotions of decent animal loving people.

Rant off. :mad:

I've read this whole thing several times now and personally I think it is some ones idea of a very sick joke. This forum program has the ability to track IP's, does it not? A trace on that would verify the location of Buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom