care to share your silkie crosses?

I already posted some of these pics in another thread but I was reading this one and read about the theory that silkies crosses would be sex linked. My little bird was the only one that hatched out from a batch of eggs bought from a garden centre. I bought three blue eggs and three really dark conker brown eggs.

This bird hatched from one of the dark brown eggs. It has four toes and marans type feathering on the legs. In the other thread it was suggested that it could be a silkie cross and a cockerel. What do you think. The first pic is at a few days old, the others are more recent, at around 7/8 weeks.

A couple more shots taken around 9 weeks. I am thinking that the tail looks a bit boyish but the dark skin thing makes me wonder?

Any tips on sexing silkie crosses? I have a mutt who's dad was a silkie cross. I have no idea if I have a girl or boy!

Topaz got the silkie vaulted skull and walnut? type comb but because the genetics are all over the place I have no idea on gender. Also at five weeks Topaz is showing no cockerel behavior but pinky comb the I have had two people who have own chickens said not to worry to much over. One a life time owner.

All I know Topaz is pretty and sweet little thing.

Twin sisters Isaura and Katsura, from silkie father and silkie x cochin mother

My silkie crosses we think may be mixed with black copper maran but not totally sure. They are pure black and hard to sex.

Last edited:
[/IMG][/IMG]

These are my babies that just hatched on the fifth! They're daddy is a silkie roo and mom could be a lakenvelder, golden pencil Hamburg or an Easter egger.

Back
Top Bottom