Carnivores Waking Up

well got up this morning goofed off a bit and checked my plants. i got two idk i guess mouths on my venus flytrap about 1/8 in. big so its doing better then i thought.

Last edited:
I am having a hard time finding the longfiber spaghnum moss. Found some evergreen moss but the bag says "decorative" and I read to stay away from that. Truck loads of soil in bags a day and none longfibered!

I am having a hard time finding the longfiber spaghnum moss. Found some evergreen moss but the bag says "decorative" and I read to stay away from that. Truck loads of soil in bags a day and none longfibered!
Do you have somewhere that sells orchids/orchid supplies? LFS is used to grow orchids.

I found Sphagnum cristatum. Haven't bought it up yet was tapped out on data for a week. That's why it takes me so long to reply.

I looked Sphagnum cristatum up and it seems to be ok.

Mo

Thanks for all your help @ericMD.
After looking up a few different recipes I remembered my original soil mix being peat, sand, orchid bark and perlite with a bit of gravel at the bottom of the pot. It stank more on the foul side than damp soil.
Trying out Growstones a recycled glass material instead of perlite. Also got a free geopot (yay for greenweek) to try out. so I mixed the LFS with the growstones in a tub but haha lesson in geology, sorting. All the stones got mixed to the bottom and the LFS floated to the top. So I lasagna layered the stones and LFS mix.
Ran to the store for some superthrive and did about 3 galllons of water/ST through the pot.

The medium mix
vuhyquqy.jpg

After watering
uqyha2ar.jpg

The pot has handles so I can hang it if I figure out a tray to go with it.

Back
Top Bottom