Carolina Chickenstock Spring 2013

Anyone else think the dried mealworms smell kind of good? My little dog actually eats them now too. She will shove the hens aside when I'm giving mealworms to them.
Haha! They don't smell bad. I call it chicken crack. My girls go crazy for it. I was holding the container 3-4 feet off the ground and one of my hens jumped up and hit it with her beak because I wasn't pouring fast enough! I just have a phobia of worms so really it is all I can do to give them the dried ones... I cannot imagine putting a container of 1000 LIVE mealworms in my car. My WORST NIGHTMARE!!

Hi everyone, I've been going through my pens today to see what else I have available and here are a few other birds that I have for sale.
Partridge Silkie Rooster (7 months old) Small and sweet! 15.00

Isabel Silkie Hen what a princess! (7 months old) 20.00

2 Splash American Standard Orpington Roosters (15.00 each) They are lighter in color that the photo shows. I could not get the best picture today, but they are gorgeous! These were hatched from Terry Disney's stock "The Loft at Holly Lane" I have 3 roosters and I only need one. The 2 splash ones are really nice big birds, you won't be disappointed with these handsome boys.

I have a quad of point of lay EE's a reddish brown rooster, a white with black and gray hen, a red partridge hen, and a white rumpless hen. I will take 25.00 for all 4.
clap.gif
Sale of the Day! You can pre-order any of these and I will have them boxed up and ready for you to take home! I will try to get some better photos tomorrow if anyone is interested.

More tomorrow!

Just finished a batch of "Old Fashion" Apple Jelly, have 7 jars available. $6/each.

Also just finished another batch of Caramel Apple Bourbon Butter and only have 7 jars still available, please let me know if you need to reserved and pre-pay for your jar.
big_smile.png

I've been working hard getting ready to bring lots of goodies this weekend! I hope everyone stops by Mommy Recycles to say HI!! Here is a sample of what I will be bringing.

Pop tab Bracelets $10 each
Egg Shell Jewelry (Earrings $16 Pendants $15 Sets $28)
Repurposed lunch totes $7 each (made from old vinyl banners)

I am also hoping to have a couple feed sack bags if I have time before Saturday. I can't wait to meet everyone!!!

I am so sorry I forgot the bags again today!!! I will try very, very, very hard to get them to you tomorrow. I am such a bum, I am so sorry!
hide.gif

Quote:
They may treat them with something to make it more appealing for people to open the bag.
I know that I feed a lot of apple to my live ones and the chickens think it is the next best thing to Heaven! Feeding other foods change the taste of the worms and they like them but not the same way.

Back
Top Bottom