Carolina Chickenstock Spring 2013

Haha! They don't smell bad. I call it chicken crack. My girls go crazy for it. I was holding the container 3-4 feet off the ground and one of my hens jumped up and hit it with her beak because I wasn't pouring fast enough! I just have a phobia of worms so really it is all I can do to give them the dried ones... I cannot imagine putting a container of 1000 LIVE mealworms in my car. My WORST NIGHTMARE!!

LOL! They can't get out of their jars or bags. I have been trying to raise some but have only had one batch thus far. I found that the ones I raised weighed more than the ones you get from Tractor Supply. Thats why I was curious about the weight of 1000. I have always bought them by weight so I wasn't sure many 1000 was. I'm not sure how to kill them so they will dry out. It is probably better to feed them fresh as opposed to dried out. I don't know....? They sure do give me the creeps seeing those beetles crawling around in the container and the little baby worms just wriggling around. I tell my girls that they have to know how much I love them to mess with those nasty things! Heaven forbid one of those containers ever tip over in my house - I would absolutely freak out!

Angela

Just wanted to remind everyone that im bringing some apple trees and blueberry bushes. Let me know if u want to pre-order any..

the apples are pixie crunch standard size and yellow transparent standard size... they are $15 each and are several yrs old..they are in sleeves not pots so dont take up too much room :)

jersey blueberry bushes..very large and already have blooms. they are $12 each.

Im only bringing trees that are preordered and a few extras so reserve yours today if interested! :)
Do you have me down for 2 blueberries? If not, that's what I'd like. Thanks.

You all would freak at my house. My living room is covered in container of mealies, beetles and pupae. I have bins stuck everywhere so I can grow enough for my birds, as well as sell about 15,000 or more a week. That takes a lot of room and bins. Hubby wants to bring in kiddie pools and use those but I did not want that big of a space to work in. Besides that, I often wonder if the cats think I am asking them to use something other than their litter box. LOL

I have three mandarin or wood duck nesting boxes. Comes with shaving material for nesting. $25.00 each

What time does it start on Saturday?
After looking through like 20 pages my eyes are tired and I'm pretty sure I missed it! I know it says 9am on the first page but I thought I saw something that said the time it started changed too as well as the date.
Thanks so much!

Ok...I waited to be sure the gals were laying good ( rainy/cool throws the off a tad) so I could offer 1 dozen plus of my Wheaten Ameraucana hatching eggs....you will hatch Wheaten and Blue wheaten from my flock...These are very nice stock... The pic of the rooster will not upload...this pullet is an offspring of my flock!

ETA : This gal took RB in a show with 13 other Ameraucana being shown when she was only 5 months old(week this pic was taken) She is now laying and her eggs will be some of the included and I think I have the rooster pic fixed!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom