Carolina Chickenstock Spring 2013

Gates open at 7 am, sales start at 8 am after everyone gets in and set up, though there are often plenty of people arriving throughout the day.
I am not sure what time the raffle will happen but they will announce it on the PA system. Some people start leaving around noonish but we usually stay til around 2 pm.

Gates open at 7 am, sales start at 8 am after everyone gets in and set up, though there are often plenty of people arriving throughout the day.
I am not sure what time the raffle will happen but they will announce it on the PA system. Some people start leaving around noonish but we usually stay til around 2 pm.
I am so excited to finally meet you! I still don't have an umbrella or anything... so, I might be a Fried Chicken lady by the end of the day
somad.gif
lau.gif
. I just hope my jewelry melt lol

Yay! Tomorrow is the big day!
Do you have an umbrella of any sort? I have a big one in my truck, if you need it. You can tie it to your chair or table.
I want to rig up a tarp but I doubt I will. I need more bungies for that and somehow mine have walked away. I need to buy another awning but every time I do the wind decides it hates it and I lose them. LOL

I dread loading the truck tonight but I prefer to have the animals sleep there so I can get up and go in the morning. Only the ducklings have to be gathered up before leaving. I may bring them in the house so I don't have to go down to the barn for them.

Everyone bring birds to sell....please remember bowls or water containers and jugs of water! Food is not nearly as important since it will only be about 6 hours but water is a good idea since it will be warm between 10 am and 1 pm while we are there.
Bring chairs and cameras! Though I seldom sit down myself.

Anyone looking for me will be able to find me because I will have the poster board with West Knoll written on it stuck on my camper top. I am in a white GMC with a white camper top and have a big blue umbrella.

Yay! Tomorrow is the big day!
Do you have an umbrella of any sort? I have a big one in my truck, if you need it. You can tie it to your chair or table.
I want to rig up a tarp but I doubt I will. I need more bungies for that and somehow mine have walked away. I need to buy another awning but every time I do the wind decides it hates it and I lose them. LOL

I dread loading the truck tonight but I prefer to have the animals sleep there so I can get up and go in the morning. Only the ducklings have to be gathered up before leaving. I may bring them in the house so I don't have to go down to the barn for them.

Everyone bring birds to sell....please remember bowls or water containers and jugs of water! Food is not nearly as important since it will only be about 6 hours but water is a good idea since it will be warm between 10 am and 1 pm while we are there.
Bring chairs and cameras! Though I seldom sit down myself.

Anyone looking for me will be able to find me because I will have the poster board with West Knoll written on it stuck on my camper top. I am in a white GMC with a white camper top and have a big blue umbrella.
I don't have an umbrella or anything! I am going to try to get there by 6:30 so I can find you. I can't wait to meet everyone!! I will have the Mommy Recycles sign but I will also have a sign for the SC chicken/duck club for those on that FB site as well.

I have serama eggs available $25/dozen They will come from several pens and include Smooth, Frizzle, Silkied and booted. Several are my show stock.
smile.png

**I will also have 10 "Olive Egger" Hatching eggs as well, please message me if interested.

Last edited:
Okay, here's my (almost) final count:

EE chicks
wheaten/blue wheaten Ameraucana chicks
Light Brahma chicks
Light Sussex chicks (or could be Coronation, too early to tell)
Silver Sussex x Coronation Sussex cross chicks

Mixed eggs for hatching

2 (or maybe 3) laying EE hens

3 turkey poults (slate tom over double breasted bronze hen)....these are the younger siblings of the one I posted a pic of earlier - he's staying home. :)

Just thought I'd post some pics of a sampling of the chicks I'm bringing next week. I may also be bringing a few adults, but haven't decided yet.

Wheaten/blue wheaten Ameraucanas:

Light Brahmas:

Light Sussex (may also have some Coronation, but we'll see):

Easter Eggers - may also have some Olive Eggers, but none have hatched yet:

Last - these are chicks from a project I'm working on. They are a Coronation cockerel over a Light Sussex hen:

Okay, here's my (almost) final count:

EE chicks
wheaten/blue wheaten Ameraucana chicks
Light Brahma chicks
Light Sussex chicks (or could be Coronation, too early to tell)
Silver Sussex x Coronation Sussex cross chicks

Mixed eggs for hatching

2 (or maybe 3) laying EE hens

3 turkey poults (slate tom over double breasted bronze hen)....these are the younger siblings of the one I posted a pic of earlier - he's staying home. :)

Quote: I'm pretty sure I asked you this but I can't find the post. Will all your chicks be straight run? They are beautiful!! Especially your project chick. Your pictures make me want all of them.

Back
Top Bottom