Cat brought me a present! Any ideas on breed?

These are Nugget's new buddies: first is a Rhode Island Red, 2nd was from a Bantam mixed group and I was told is a silkie but it doesn't have 5 toes or feathers on its feet(looks yellow like big bird), 3rd is from the same Bantam mixed group, is lighter in color(appears to be more white) has 5 toes and feathered legs. Does all of this look/sound about right? I was also told they should be female.

welcome-byc.gif
What an amazing (and adorable!) story! It sounds like you are enjoying your new flock! It's possible that the yellowish chick with clean legs and four toes is a polish of some sort.

Most likely the chick is a barnyard mix. Momma wandered off and hatched her chicks and on the journey home the one got lost. Very few hatcheries sex bantams so you should expect 50% cockerels.

Thats great that you decided to become Nuggets permanent momma! I would say the same about the second and third one. They look like they're going to be feather heads.

Here are a few pictures of my babies growing! They were having a blast terrorizing my garden and I let them because they are so cute doing it!

Back
Top Bottom