cats around

Can pheasants get used to cats around them... Anybody please.
I dunno about all pheasants but I have a ton of ringnecks and the only time they're bothered by other animals including cats are either when they are trying to eat them or it's mating season and the cocks go after anything that goes near their perspective ladies.

I would not think so. That would be like one of our predators (like say a lion coming around us on a regular basis and us not knowing at what point they may want to try an eat us. I am sure Pheasants view cats as Predators.

Contrary to what people think they are intelligent enough to know whats bad and whats not....when they're raised around an animal they get use to that animal, not in the sense that they won't walk away from it, but in a sense that they don't go bat crazy to get away...if a strange cat or dog comes around they will go bat crazy to get away..I have a cat that walks around with out any issues to any of my birds, they watch him, but are not frightened by him because he's been around them from day one consistently everyday, if my neighbors cat walks onto my property all hell breaks loose, even though their cat is too old to care about anything, but they still know it doesn't belong, that being said I find pheasants still a bit more flighty compared to chickens, guineas, and turkeys.

All my birds that I hatch are raised around my cat until they go outside ! No problems at all I have brought birds back in for one reason or another and still had no problems !

Back
Top Bottom