My pheasant is tilting its head and flipping over!!!

That quarantine cage is too small. It still sounds like Ergot poisoning, most likely from the grain being contaminated with the fungi.
Get her a well balanced & complete gamebird feed.

If it's wry neck....which I don't think it is, you can try treating her with Vitamin E and Selenium.
I have never been able to get a pheasant to recover from wry neck.

I'd like to see a video of her exhibiting this behavior.

That quarantine cage is too small. It still sounds like Ergot poisoning, most likely from the grain being contaminated with the fungi.
Get her a well balanced & complete gamebird feed.

If it's wry neck....which I don't think it is, you can try treating her with Vitamin E and Selenium.
I have never been able to get a pheasant to recover from wry neck.

I'd like to see a video of her exhibiting this behavior.
I'll try that yes let me send you the video of her also is there any other feeds that I should try

I'll try that yes let me send you the video of her also is there any other feeds that I should try
No, just a complete and balanced 24% protein gamebird feed, she doesn't need anything else if it is a complete and balanced feed. If you must give her treats, use sunflower hearts.

If you stop feeding the contaminated feed she will recover....I've had several pheasants recover from Ergot poisoning!

ETA -- here's a link to a video of one of my hens with Ergot poisoning.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/➡-quail-hatch-along🥚.1276785/post-25634642

Last edited:
No, just a complete and balanced 24% protein gamebird feed, she doesn't need anything else if it is a complete and balanced feed. If you must give her treats, use sunflower hearts.

If you stop feeding the contaminated feed she will recover....I've had several pheasants recover from Ergot poisoning!

ETA -- here's a link to a video of one of my hens with Ergot poisoning.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/➡-quail-hatch-along🥚.1276785/post-25634642
Thank you so much I believe that is what she has I'll keep you updated if she improves also I have a lady amahearst pair that have a respiratory infection and I have been told to use baytril will that hurt them or cause them to not be able to have babies?

Thank you so much I believe that is what she has I'll keep you updated if she improves also I have a lady amahearst pair that have a respiratory infection and I have been told to use baytril will that hurt them or cause them to not be able to have babies?
Yes, or Tylan 200 will be fine.

Will it not allow them to reproduce
I know nothing about that, it's a commonly used antibiotic. It prevents bacteria from reproducing not avian species. It is safe to use but I'd wear gloves or any PPE that you feel is appropriate for you. Ideally, a vet should be consulted before treatment, as all infections and all birds respond differently to various antibiotics.

Back
Top Bottom