➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

The 6th egg hatched!!! I wasn't expecting it to. Dad came over after I was done to incubate the little one.
20220420_133614~2.jpg

@007Sean I hope she recovers quickly! Let us know how it goes.
So today is day 4 of the poisoning. Thought I'd make a short video of how she's acting today. More mobile than she was but still not well balanced. Doesn't help that the male pecked at her while she was immobile, because he wanted to mate and was trying to make her get up....kinda got a bloodied head, not bad but if you were down and someone was beating on you, you'd think it was bad! 😂

Anyway, I separated her, and as you can tell by the ground, she was trying to eat but scattered more feed than she ate! :rolleyes:
In a few more days she should be fully recovered!

I popped 8 quail eggs in the incubator about 12 days ago. It’s amazing (for me anyway) I’ve been making money from my quail this year :) I found someone that bought 9 of my babies that hatched in late August of last year. They ended up getting 6 hens and 3 roosters and bought 2 dozen hatching eggs 😀 And now I’m hatching some babies for someone that wants chicks. The quail have been my low maintenance crew the past few months and I’m grateful! My chickens and children have been much more exhausting haha. Anywho! I’m excited to see what hatches! Haven’t had baby quail in awhile and I’m excited 😁

It seems to me that quail are totally over looked. They’re so fun! I hatched 2 during the Easter hatch along and am totally in love. Mine are called Bert and Poppins. I love their sweet little voices chatting with each other.
I hatched 2 for EHAL too!! I have more in the incubator but I’ve forgotten the exact set date :th im pretty sure I need to put them in lockdown around Wednesday ???

Well I will find out how resilient quail eggs are at Day 10…I vacuumed my bedroom tonight and didn’t realize until 2 hours later that I’d accidentally unplugged the incubator 😩 The temp was down to 81F…I also have 18 chicken eggs in the same incubator and I candles them about 20 mins ago and none looked worse for the wear…but quail are so much smaller! 😩 Fingers crossed I guess. 😢

Well I will find out how resilient quail eggs are at Day 10…I vacuumed my bedroom tonight and didn’t realize until 2 hours later that I’d accidentally unplugged the incubator 😩 The temp was down to 81F…I also have 18 chicken eggs in the same incubator and I candles them about 20 mins ago and none looked worse for the wear…but quail are so much smaller! 😩 Fingers crossed I guess. 😢
Should be fine…..I’ve had several outages like that and didn’t really effect the hatch outcome.

Back
Top Bottom