Look what I got!! Lol

Uwish

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Sep 24, 2020
So I was finishing working on a new coop build turned and this lil girl came walking up to me 😮 wasn’t sure what it was looked kinda like a pigeon but not the tail anyway reached down and she kinda spooked that’s when I saw she has a boo boo on her bum area so I caught her (wasn’t hard ) not sure if she was just really tired or what. Brought her in food water good look over she seems fine other then the missing feathers on her bum area. Put her in a big metal dog cage to keep her inside to keep an eye on her did research and found out she is a

(Melanistic Mutant Pheasant 😃❤️)​

Then last night she laid an egg 😃😃🤣 I know very little about Pheasants but studying fast now. She is starting to trust me (I spend A LOT of time with newbies) so they learn not to be afraid.
This lil pic and video are not the best only buy will get better pics prob tonight. Looking forward to this new family member fitting in ♥️ Will welcome all advice from knowledgeable people here

Attachments

• BFE41C37-A498-43EB-8000-C980EB1A48D6.jpeg
    BFE41C37-A498-43EB-8000-C980EB1A48D6.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 225
  • 2E0E26A9-CFF1-4F4B-B07A-448C735463C6.jpeg
    2E0E26A9-CFF1-4F4B-B07A-448C735463C6.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 41
Congratulations, you will want to feed her a gamebird feed of 24 to 26% protein. And she will need an enclosure larger than a dog crate or kennel.
Luckily I have gamebird feed (I have peacocks) … she is only in the dog (very large Great Dane size) metal crate so I could quarantine her and keep an eye on her etc for a short time. I now need to add smaller wire to the new pen I am finishing for my peacocks 😂👏🏻♥️ It never ends 😂😂😂 do u feel she will be ok to be housed with them?

Wow! That’s awesome!

She was just wandering around? Do you think she escaped from somewhere and got lost? Either way that’s super cool!
Yes just wondered into my front yard lol she may have escaped from somewhere here as several of my neighbors are hunters with tons (illegal amounts of hunting dogs) they are horrible people they will catch cats and use them as bait etc. it’s the only places I can think she possibly could have come from. No one has posted in our local blog or post office that they have anything missing soooooo she is mine as far as I’m concerned. Lol like I said the people are horrible. This if she even came from them. Hadn’t heard of anyone getting any so it’s kinda wild how she just showed up

Luckily I have gamebird feed (I have peacocks) … she is only in the dog (very large Great Dane size) metal crate so I could quarantine her and keep an eye on her etc for a short time. I now need to add smaller wire to the new pen I am finishing for my peacocks 😂👏🏻♥️ It never ends 😂😂😂 do u feel she will be ok to be housed with them?
She might or might not... I have a friend that had some Goldens in with her peafowl, the male peacock killed the male Golden, apparently the Golden was running underneath the the peacock, chasing the female Golden and displaying. It just finally couldn't take it anymore and killed him.

Yes just wondered into my front yard lol she may have escaped from somewhere here as several of my neighbors are hunters with tons (illegal amounts of hunting dogs) they are horrible people they will catch cats and use them as bait etc. it’s the only places I can think she possibly could have come from. No one has posted in our local blog or post office that they have anything missing soooooo she is mine as far as I’m concerned. Lol like I said the people are horrible. This if she even came from them. Hadn’t heard of anyone getting any so it’s kinda wild how she just showed up
That’s awful! If she did come from them, it’s a really good thing you rescued her!

She might or might not... I have a friend that had some Goldens in with her peafowl, the male peacock killed the male Golden, apparently the Golden was running underneath the the peacock, chasing the female Golden and displaying. It just finally couldn't take it anymore and killed him.
Well then it looks like I will be needing to build another pen🥲 my peacocks get along fine with the chickens and roosters but everyone has always free roam during the day. Only reason the peacocks are now getting penned is because a neighbor said he was going to shoot them🤬 no joke! No they don’t go on his property etc the guy is just an ass. (The whole family is) if they can’t control you then they will threaten you. It’s a ((( Mormon thing here))) I’m not Mormon lol I live in a tiny tiny town most are great but you know there are always the asses. So I just finishing building a HUGE pen for them. Chickens still free roam during the day. Do you know the size/specs I will be needing for her? And yes I will try to find a mate for even another female for her. So something big enough for a few

Back
Top Bottom