CAUGHT MY CHICKEN KILLER! *graphic*

sorry but they are far from inhumane, as a trapper, they cause little pain. how would i know? well i have been caught in my fair share of number 3 coil spring traps (which i use for coyotes)

a number 3 coil spring is much easier on the hand then a rat trap (which i have also gotten smacked by more then once when weasel trapping) but am pretty sure a dog proof trap is weaker then a number 3 coil spring. also the only trap that i can say really hurts is coni-bears/body grippers. as i might have been smacked by a 220 when badger trapping (thought i broke a few fingers lol)

on topic why are we calling them toe traps? pretty sure they are foot holds.
but good job on the coon.
Sorry the toe trap reference came from me:oops: just what hubby has always called them and I had never really looked for the proper terminology!

I think your confusing leg hold traps with toe hold traps.

Although I disagree leg hold traps are cruel.
15B5B289-6ADC-4079-B5D2-98A05C0B32F3.jpeg
15B5B289-6ADC-4079-B5D2-98A05C0B32F3.jpeg

Leg hold trap
9CBF3718-11A8-4979-97E3-3500672CFEDE.jpeg

Toe hold trap
I think both of them are inhumane. I’m not an anti trapper.

Last edited:
Neither are designed to hold by the toes. They’re designed to catch behind the pad of the foot.
What’s your goal for saying you think they’re inhumane? Nobody really cares what you think. I think I’ll go set a dozen more in your honor. You might want to look into your audience a little more.

You are correct, but it's the common term used here to describe such a trap. Encapsulating traps, or dog proof trap are more accurate.

You are correct, but it's the common term used here to describe such a trap. Encapsulating traps, or dog proof trap are more accurate.
It’s not an accurate term to use to describe traps because that’s how paw damage occurs.
Same goes for leg hold when the trap is designed to catch behind the pad of the foot.

We live on a 160 acre hardwood tree farm, so have coons out the wazoo. Only the oldest and most experienced have ever become trap-wary. The younger ones just can’t resist the smell of food... We dispatched six in eight nights using the humane traps. I just can’t stand the thought of using leg hold traps. I’d rather the kill be quick.

Back
Top Bottom