Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

They are cool. I get them on the crates of glass that I order, along with little indicators that show if the crate has been laid down or tipped too far. I'm pretty sure that you can only use them on packages that you have paid extra for special handling. It's about $13 more for a 12x12 priority box of eggs. The regular priority mail gets dumped from the truck into bins and gets dumped from bins onto conveyor belts, mechanically sorted and back into bins.... A lot of dumping and tumbling with boxes that can weigh up to 70 pounds. Other than the postal workers on each end of the shipment, the boxes don't actually get handled much by humans.
What's the FB page say?

That some use them with apparent success. No one has talked about additional fees that I've read. Hard to keep track of some if the larger threads though!

I was just curious if anyone here had used them. Might be a good "experiment" to try!

Has anyone used the ShockWatch labels when shipping eggs? Been following a thread on a FB group and they look incredibly appealing!
I saw that too. If it would make the PO pay for damages that would be great. On the other hand, we already know our eggs are being abused. Wonder if a postal worker would care enough to change how they do things because of the ShockWatch sticker? Very interesting.

I saw that too. If it would make the PO pay for damages that would be great. On the other hand, we already know our eggs are being abused. Wonder if a postal worker would care enough to change how they do things because of the ShockWatch sticker? Very interesting. 

That's what I'm wondering too. Also if you had the sticker if it would make having a successful claim better.

Why when they ask if it is Liquid, perishable our potentially hazardous why do you say no? They are perishable. Maybe something in the computer would tell people to be more careful. I heard once there was a way to make sure they were hand sorted instead of by computer, buy I don't remember what you had to.

My lady had them riding in her trunk during the day to deliver instead of calling at the post office for me to pick up.

Love the syrup idea.

Not really sure anything will make them actually look at the box. Heck half of them don't even get 'This side up' labels. Why do they get paid so much again?

Last edited:
Why when they ask if it is Liquid, perishable our potentially hazardous why do you say no? They are perishable. Maybe something in the computer would tell people to be more careful. I heard once there was a way to make sure they were hand sorted instead of by computer, buy I don't remember what you had to.

My lady had them riding in her trunk during the day to deliver instead of calling at the post office for me to pick up.

Love the syrup idea.

Not really sure anything will make them actually look at the box. Heck half of them don't even get 'This side up' labels. Why do they get paid so much again?

If you say yes, you get an extra charge for it... hand sorting is when you ask for Special Handling, and it's another charge, think it's $10 or $11 extra? I tried it, eggs were worse than regular shipping... :/

Has anyone experimented with the difference between shipping free range v. coop eggs? Does the durability of the yolk make a difference? I know freshness of the egg also helps them stand up to postal rigors better, so maybe?

Added more breeds to my website today finally had time to add them. ccpoultryfarm.weebly.com

I plan to do an action I hope opn here in a few weeks. but I would like for people on here to go there and tell me what breeds eggs I should do ill do a dozen and some extras but must be diffrent breeds

If you say yes, you get an extra charge for it... hand sorting is when you ask for Special Handling, and it's another charge, think it's $10 or $11 extra? I tried it, eggs were worse than regular shipping...
hmm.png
My experience also.

Back
Top Bottom