Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Thank you again for sending these!!!! The eggs were packaged BEAUTIFULLY!! SPOTLESSLY clean eggs. Air cells looked good on the 2 that I candled. I had to fire up the incubator, since my broodies were not broody anymore when I went to give them eggs. I set them yesterday, and my fingers are crossed!!
How are your eggs looking?
:fl

How are your eggs looking?
:fl
Hi!! I got home the other day after being away for 2 days, and found the turning cradle for the Brinsea had snapped, the incubator was basically upside down, and partially open. I was devastated.... I had no idea how long they had been like that.

But -- Good NEWS -- the eggs were all unbroken, they were all at the bottom, closed section of the incubator (NICE Strong shells). My fake egg thermometer that was closer to the opening, showed 98 degrees. The eggs felt warm. So, I think it had happened quite recently. I had another turner, so I reset the eggs and started again. I obviously candled them. I had 1 clear, 3 that look a little less developed but are still moving around, and the rest looked great. The eggs are on day 17 now - I think they might hatch a day late.

I have 2 bantam broodies. I'm debating whether I give them all the eggs tomorrow, or give them half and incubate the rest, then see who has the best hatch rate? I'll give them all the babies once they hatch. Or, do I hatch them all inside, and just give them the babies? The two broodies basically sit so close together it looks like one is on top of the other. The 2 together are still smaller than one of my full sized hens.

Hi!! I got home the other day after being away for 2 days, and found the turning cradle for the Brinsea had snapped, the incubator was basically upside down, and partially open. I was devastated.... I had no idea how long they had been like that.

But -- Good NEWS -- the eggs were all unbroken, they were all at the bottom, closed section of the incubator (NICE Strong shells). My fake egg thermometer that was closer to the opening, showed 98 degrees. The eggs felt warm. So, I think it had happened quite recently. I had another turner, so I reset the eggs and started again. I obviously candled them. I had 1 clear, 3 that look a little less developed but are still moving around, and the rest looked great. The eggs are on day 17 now - I think they might hatch a day late.

I have 2 bantam broodies. I'm debating whether I give them all the eggs tomorrow, or give them half and incubate the rest, then see who has the best hatch rate? I'll give them all the babies once they hatch. Or, do I hatch them all inside, and just give them the babies? The two broodies basically sit so close together it looks like one is on top of the other. The 2 together are still smaller than one of my full sized hens.
Wow! that stinks! so glad it wasnt worse than it was!! :fl :fl Good Luck!

Wow - well good luck!
Do Let us know the outcome

Glad it wasn't a loss!! :fl

With having 2 together, I would hatch them all then give them to them... that way you can monitor if there's any issues hatching easier and no shuffling of the pipped eggs which *could* be catastrophic if they argue over them at all...

Glad it wasn't a loss!! :fl

With having 2 together, I would hatch them all then give them to them... that way you can monitor if there's any issues hatching easier and no shuffling of the pipped eggs which *could* be catastrophic if they argue over them at all...

Thank you everyone!

Thanks Ravyn - that is kind of what I was thinking. One seems to be bothered a lot more by me cleaning their coop, the other was more determined to stay put. I'm kind of worried one is broodie and the other one is just staying close by.

Thank you everyone!

Thanks Ravyn - that is kind of what I was thinking. One seems to be bothered a lot more by me cleaning their coop, the other was more determined to stay put. I'm kind of worried one is broodie and the other one is just staying close by.

Very welcome... I just figure better safe than sorry...

Could be a friend wanting to stay close, just keep an eye out, sometimes that isn't an issue and sometimes it is...

Anyone up for some Muscovy Hatching Eggs come spring? Going to have a ton more then last year. Up'ed my flock numbers by 2 times the amount. They came all the way from Iowa. The person moved out here near me and wasn't allowed "pets" in their new home they rent. So they had no other option but to re-home them.
I came home from a family outing to find 20+ boxes with holes punched in them laid out in my front yard with a note taped to the biggest box. I opened the boxes to find 3-4 Muscovy's in each box.

Last edited:

Wow, nice save!

Good luck with the hatch! Are the broodies already on eggs?

Here is the note.
IMG_2949.JPG

Back
Top Bottom