Chattanooga, TN (surrounding areas) CHICKEN LOVERS

yesss.gif
NPIP # 63-472 woohooooooooooooooooooooo

woot.gif
congrats! I know you must be thrilled!

Picked up 12 little chicks this past weekend in Soddy at a hatchery. Buff Orpingtons, Rhode Island Reds, Austrolorps and Barred Rock

I have a thought.......
IF i bought some, say, cornish chicks, would anyone be willing to raise until the time to go to freezer camp?

Here is what I'm thinking: I pay for chicks/shipping - supply a bag of food - you raise them (what it takes like 8 weeks or so right?), do all the dirty deeds, supply me with nice clean, parted chicken meat AND you get HALF the bounty.

Not even sure, but, does this sound like a reasonable deal?

I really want to supply my own meat but I just can't do the deed.
roll.png
I did something similar to this last year... have been asked by someone else again to do it this year.
Am toying with it since I have plenty of room in the fall... I got them the first week of Sept.
If I can get together with the folks who have the plucker we may offer to do a bunch for several folks in the fall.
I'll get back to you on that....

I did something similar to this last year... have been asked by someone else again to do it this year.
Am toying with it since I have plenty of room in the fall... I got them the first week of Sept.
If I can get together with the folks who have the plucker we may offer to do a bunch for several folks in the fall.
I'll get back to you on that....
Super and yes please let me know.

Picked up 12 little chicks this past weekend in Soddy at a hatchery. Buff Orpingtons, Rhode Island Reds, Austrolorps and Barred Rock
haha - chicken math at it's best.

How are the chicks (healthy etc.) & how was their facility? Just curious, because I see them on CL all the time. Actually talked to the lady over a yr. ago when I was first getting started but never made it out there because I then made a decision to not get "hatchery" birds because as you know I decided to breed pretty little "show" birds LOL.

Love the pics - made sure to show us the coop pics when done.

Cool - it was a very fast process. By the time she made it out, I had sold off some 10-15 older ones, so I only had like 25 to test. Oh & p.s. she does wear tyvex and sanitizes her shoes before going into the coop/chicken area.
Good to know. I keep disinfecting spray at the gate entrance and need to add a sign. The surveyors did it without being told.

Back
Top Bottom