Chattanooga, TN (surrounding areas) CHICKEN LOVERS

Once again up to my eyeballs in baby Bantam Cochins: 23 = 2wk olds, 11 = 1 day olds and another 36 under broody hens.
I will be listing some blk mottled 2wk olds but thought I would give everyone here a chance of getting first in case you need/want.

I'll only be letting go about 10 or so of the 2wk olds at this time. These are from my SQ blue mottled roo (several of you have seen Buddha) over blk (carry MF gene) and/or blue mottled hens, but I'm only letting go some of the blk mottled chicks = five dollar ea. right now straight-run

This pic is one that hatched 4/7 (not for sale) but represents what the 2wk olds will look like in a couple weeks.

Last edited:
StacyTN- very pretty
smile.png

Here's a few pics of my buff, black & blue Orps. The buffs were hatched on March 19th and the blue & black on Easter.

Thanks for letting me share. I am excited to see how they turn out.

I just posted on the laws threads how the city of Chattanooga is reconsidering making chickens legal, if your interested, contact chicken legal or the the city of Chattanooga and let them know. So glad I'm zoned ag1.

I just posted on the laws threads how the city of Chattanooga is reconsidering making chickens legal, if your interested, contact chicken legal or the the city of Chattanooga and let them know. So glad I'm zoned ag1.
Very cool. I've always thought it crazy that CHATTANOOGA, TN city limits has a no chicken law. I mean seriously, it's Chattanooga, way better bigger cities allow at least hens or limits. I too am not affected being in the county but I know MANY that would love to have the right to raise a few peeps in their backyard.
Where can people get more info. to help support?
Thanks

i live in cleveland,tn and i got some blue jersey giants new hampitiers black coppor marns and rhode island reds and some banties.i really want some more chickens but i got to sell by banties

i live in cleveland,tn and i got some blue jersey giants new hampitiers black coppor marns and rhode island reds and some banties.i really want some more chickens but i got to sell by banties

LOL. That's one of the problems with chickens. Variety! :)
I have Production Reds, Heritage Rhode Island Reds, Rhodebars, Mille Fleur d'Uccles, production Buffs, and Swedish Flower Hens. I need to get down to fewer breeds but love them all... So the production hens all get called production hens... When they are lumped into one breed like that it make it like I have fewer breeds. :). Like the logic? LOL

LOL. That's one of the problems with chickens. Variety! :)
I have Production Reds, Heritage Rhode Island Reds, Rhodebars, Mille Fleur d'Uccles, production Buffs, and Swedish Flower Hens. I need to get down to fewer breeds but love them all... So the production hens all get called production hens... When they are lumped into one breed like that it make it like I have fewer breeds. :). Like the logic? LOL
LOL - although I raise/breed different colors of cochins and it sounds like that is all I have, NO wrong. Never thought about it but I guess I do the same thing and lump my egg production hens into one breed - lol because I really have: Ameracuans (2 different colors), Barred Rock, Buff Orpington, RIR & buff Brahma

Back
Top Bottom