Chattanooga, TN (surrounding areas) CHICKEN LOVERS

Does anyone have the contact info. for our local NPIP certification?

I really want to sell/ship some eggs from my LF Cochins (getting 5-6 a day) and assume it is best to have the NPIP certification.

Speaking of, I will be listing some for local pick-up in the "hatching eggs for sale" forum within the next two days. I want to take some updated pics first. I have 2 roos ( a buff and a blue). I beleive the buff is getting most of the action, therefore 99% the daddy. My hens: (1) buff, 2(partridge), (2) white & (1) black. They are a mixed flock.

I have 5 of the LF eggs in the incubator right now that will go into lockdown a week from today. All looks very promising, lots of movement in the eggs & I am soooooooo eggcited to see my first hatchings from "my" flock. Also, I have some bantam cochin eggs (only getting 3 a day right now) in the incubator.

big_smile.png
My husband even said the other day, "what is so exciting & special about these eggs, is that they are from "our" chickens". hahaha I knew he would come around!
hugs.gif
and now he wants another incubator so we have one for lockdown time.

I'm hoping we have a few go broody soon and can do it the "natural" way.

Thanks

I believe you can call the local extension office ( where the DL place is on bonny oaks) and they do it or have the number for who does. Please share the details when you get them, I'm thinking of doing it also. Any one how to tell who layed which egg? I hear you can put food dye on the cloaca, just regular dye?

StacyTN----we are staying in Ooltewah with friends while we are on vacation in TN. Maybe I could meet you before we leave to get a couple eggs if you have them. I'm going to start a hatch right after we get back. We are arriving late on the 7th and leaving early on the 12th.

Oh cool - we are in the Ooltewah area and the dates sound great. I will PM you my number & my husbands. Just holler when you get in town and we can work out the details. If this is a new expereince for your children, we wouldn't mind you coming to the house and letting them collect the eggs.
big_smile.png

Did anyone else get snow today? It snowed really hard here for about 15minutes, it was pretty to look at, but I'm glad it didn't last long! I was out cleaning coops yesterday in a flannel shirt and was comfortable, today I was freezing in a thick coat, I'm ready for spring!

Did anyone else get snow today? It snowed really hard here for about 15minutes, it was pretty to look at, but I'm glad it didn't last long! I was out cleaning coops yesterday in a flannel shirt and was comfortable, today I was freezing in a thick coat, I'm ready for spring!
hehehehe - we saw a few flakes but that was it and yes, it was much colder today - the weather around here is such a tease
bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom